Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Empire Total War: Name Ideas

Go down 
+10
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Genghis
Imperator_Romulus
Konstantine
Imperator_Celtic
Ranger
|-HoS-|-Alexander
-Crusaders-Deathblow|KT
Imperator_Swagger
Imperator_Boru
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Empire Total War: Name Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 6:13 pm

We have ben playing with the idea of useing a diff name when we play empires but remaining Crusaders on MTW2.Being a different era with different styles of warfare we want to take that into consideration.So give us some ideas on what name and why.

Some examples:

Conquistadors
Red Coats
Admirals
Privateers
Pirates
(OGG) Old Guard Grenadiers

Last edited by -Crusaders-Boru|GM on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Swagger

Male Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 6:38 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard the elite of the French army.
Back to top Go down
-Crusaders-Deathblow|KT
-Crusaders-Deathblow|KT

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 10:10 pm

i dont know about naming us after a french unit. Their military skills arent exactly renound ( though they were doing allright when they had naepolion.) i will search wiki and see if i can find anything Very Happy .

Also, i dont know if empire TW will work on my computer Sad . I am sure that many will still be playing Medieval TW after its release, but what about you guys? bounce
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm

I will always play mtw2 & stainless steel its in my blood.Empires will just be my little get away when Im in the mood for naval battles and black powder like when I play cod4 Cool .You never know..... it might be the next best thing.

as far as those french guys...the old guard grendadiers....they were pimps with rifles that shot twice as far as the prussian rifles and couple hundred yards farther than the british enfields they laid waste to almost every unit.If it wasnt for the fact the west united against the french no one could have stoped that 400,000 man army.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 2:21 am

Indeed, I hate the Gunpowder on MTW 2 so Empires will not be the best game for me, but, as Boru said, it will be a "get away" so to say, but as for me, I enjoy the Heroic warfare of MTW 2 and Stainless Steel (which I have gotten better at, and have an army to take on Boru lol! ) so no, I doubt I will play ETW as I play MTW 2.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 9:58 am

Quote :
i dont know about naming us after a french unit. Their military skills arent exactly renound

The French Guard where some of the best units around at that time the Old Gaurd were made up of the best soilders in Europe,and were feared on the battlefield.Also as they were made up from elite soilders in europe they wernt all french either.
Back to top Go down
Ranger
Ranger

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:13 am

That's a very interesting idea you all have. Alex, I think gun powder will be done far better than it was done in MTW2. Personally, I'm glad the next game is in this era, because I've loved reading about the Napoleonic era's warfare and tactics for years Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 am

Hey i agree with ranger the gunpowder element in empires will be much better than it is in MTW2.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Ranger wrote:
That's a very interesting idea you all have. Alex, I think gun powder will be done far better than it was done in MTW2. Personally, I'm glad the next game is in this era, because I've loved reading about the Napoleonic era's warfare and tactics for years Twisted Evil

That maybe the case, but I just dont know sitting back and shooting someone just doesnt have that sense or heroicness that charging at someone with a sword does, you know what I mean (even though my career is going to be a Marine Scout Sniper). But yes Ranger and Hanni, the gunpowder elements will be much better, and Boru and Hanni, lets get some SS in today, I have some special Surprises for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:39 pm

i actually like the patriots best out of the names i heard
i dont relly like the idea of being named after any counrys unit types.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Um.... we could be the Marines (yes they did exist) that would be pretty sweet
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 6:35 pm

hmm... Patriots???? or do you like it cause New England Patriots hmmm? Just kidding, yeah i like that name the best.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 6:44 pm

-Crusaders-Konstantine|KT wrote:
hmm... Patriots???? or do you like it cause New England Patriots hmmm? Just kidding, yeah i like that name the best.

Well if he does like it because of the New England Patriots, we know he not a band-wagon fan lol! That was an awesome Super-Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:36 pm

-Crusaders-Alexander wrote:
Um.... we could be the Marines (yes they did exist) that would be pretty sweet

I was actually thinking of that too becouse it has both the land and the sea aspect. But it just doesnt sound right. I'm still tring to think of something.

As for still playing M2TW I'm not sure. I said I would ALWAYS be playing RTW and I've only played it for a few hours since I got Medieval. Embarassed That was just to try out some mods. I'm really looking forward to empires. Its not like we'll have entire armies made up of riflemen or infanite ammo or anything. With buildings and trenches and the like that can be garrisoned, I think there is planty of room for some vicious hand-to-hand. Not to mention the many soles that shall meet a watery demise. Twisted Evil heehee
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:08 pm

Yeah not to mention cavalry charge can still be deadly if riflemen get caught by suprise Very Happy .Im looking forward to it, my thoughts are try everything with open arms and you will be rewarded.Some refuse to try new things and they realy never know how much fun they are missing out on.

scratch still thinking of good names.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 pm

what you do against riflemen units is... take 2 cav units to attack 1 of the rifle units. Benefits to this? 2 units= better morale + the rifle unit can only consentrate on 1 of the cav units charging it.
Back to top Go down
Ranger
Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 pm

I don't think it'll be that easy Konst. After all, there will still be enemy cav, artillery, pikes, and bayonets to contend with.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Indeed, but perhaps it will be that easy, you just never know.
and as for RTW rom, thats what I said as well, but I never play it, I actually have it rented out to a friend, you got to make some profits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:47 pm

obviously it won't be that easy, but if you have the skill I do with cav Wink Wink then you can do it easy. And yes I can do it easy cause I do do it in the face of all those numbers including cav and pikes.
Back to top Go down
Ranger
Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Well, what if your enemy was me?

Konst's cav = Maneuvering for an attack

Ranger = manuevers pikes and cav, and lines rifles behind pikes and halberds

*BLAM CRUSH BLAM*

where is the attacking cav? scratch

Six feet under! lol!

Im' just teasin' btw.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Man, don't mess with me Wink
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Genghis
Imperator_Genghis

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 8:52 pm

What about these names;

OrderOfLight
UnitedProvinces (powered by Michiel de Ruyter and the brave and excellent Dutch fleet! VOC Razz)
RoyalHussars
ShaolinTemple (and then get all names of Shaolin Grandmasters, and instead of using musket we use inner strenght Smile)

Just some ideas..

gr Shao
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm

I just got around to reading this thread.

It might be hard for some people to believe but France was arguably the premiere military power of the West for much of the time Empire Total War will encompass. The high point of its power came under Napolean whose genius for things military maybe the greatest in history.

The Imperial Guard was the elite formation of Napolean's "Armee". Its esprit d'corps was unsurpassed. Once in the camapaign in Prussia in 1807, nearly out of ammunition, it was commanded to attack with the words, "the Guard does its business with bayonet and rifle butt". It went on to help victory. It was later said "The Guard dies, it does not surrender!"

This was the high point of French power and military prowess.

Can you tell I like the name? I am also thinking that some names of American colonial units, such as Roger's Rangers, or Revolutionaary Army units can be used.

Of course we can always change Roger's Rangers to Boru's Rangers... Smile
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:40 pm

-Crusader-Josephus wrote:
I just got around to reading this thread.

It might be hard for some people to believe but France was arguably the premiere military power of the West for much of the time Empire Total War will encompass. The high point of its power came under Napolean whose genius for things military maybe the greatest in history.

The Imperial Guard was the elite formation of Napolean's "Armee". Its esprit d'corps was unsurpassed. Once in the camapaign in Prussia in 1807, nearly out of ammunition, it was commanded to attack with the words, "the Guard does its business with bayonet and rifle butt". It went on to help victory. It was later said "The Guard dies, it does not surrender!"

This was the high point of French power and military prowess.

Can you tell I like the name? I am also thinking that some names of American colonial units, such as Roger's Rangers, or Revolutionaary Army units can be used.

Of course we can always change Roger's Rangers to Boru's Rangers... Smile

HAHAHAHA ya, Boru's Rangers, that could be funny we could shorten it to BR lol
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:37 pm

im not relly a football fan. i was thinking of our army when it revolted aginst england.
plus -Patiots- looks real good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire Total War: Name Ideas   Empire Total War: Name Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Empire Total War: Name Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next