Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards

Go down 
+4
Foehammer
Imperator_Boru
Konstantine
RageParabola
8 posters

Do you experience "driver and unspecified error" issues with your NVIDIA graphics card? (8 Series Owners)
Yes
For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards I_vote_lcap63%For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No
For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards I_vote_lcap25%For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Only once or twice, and stopped
For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards I_vote_lcap12%For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
RageParabola
RageParabola

Male Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-04

For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards Empty
PostSubject: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 3:02 pm

VIDEO DRIVER ISSUES

Boru, Icesham, Foehammer, and myself have been experiencing conflicting issues with our graphics cards, which seem to go 'black' during battle and an error appears [which deducts to the video drivers and memory] which crashes Medieval II Total War or any given game and boots the user to the desktop. This is a very popular phenomenon that's occurred to NVIDIA owners, and it seems to attack consumers on random assignment, as some people with almost the same PC hardware and software as myself may not have any issues, and some will.

If you have experienced this issue with an NVIDIA GeForce 6, 7, 8 or Series graphics card, please post here. Note: ATI Radeon users are not affected by this issue.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:42 pm

ATI RADEON IS THE BEST!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:37 pm

I wonder if it has anything to do with color display ?

To switch your display to 256 colors
Some games and other software programs require that your monitor be set to 256 colors, or they run better in 256 colors. Many of those programs will switch your monitor to 256 colors automatically when you start the program. For those that don't, follow the steps below if you want to switch the display temporarily while the game or program is running.

On your desktop or on the Start menu, right-click the game or other program that you want to run in 256 colors, and then click Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab.
Select the Run in 256 colors check box.
Notes

The screen will revert to your default color quality when you close the program.
Try switching to 256 colors if your software program shows the wrong color or the graphics redraw slowly.
If your software program appears in a small window in the center of your screen, you can increase its size by changing your screen resolution temporarily. Follow the procedure above, but in step 3 select the Run in 640x480 screen resolution check box. Your screen resolution will revert to its previous resolution when you close the program.
The Compatibility tab is available only for programs or games located on your computer's hard disk. It is not available if the program is stored on a floppy disk, compact disk, or a network
Back to top Go down
RageParabola
RageParabola

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Alright, I did some research and decided I should just clear out my entire PC, so I partitioned all my data and files onto an auxiliary hard drive and completely reinstalled Vista Ultimate, re-flashed my BIOS, and did a fresh install of all the newest drivers for my motherboard, graphics card, DirectX10, and so forth. 6 hours and no problems yet.
Back to top Go down
Foehammer

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 pm

so yah i installed my new memory and i'll tell u if i have problems
Back to top Go down
Voll
Voll

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 8:19 pm

my pc runs fine mwhahah well it crashes sometimes and most games dont like 64bit grr but meh 99% of the time no problems
Back to top Go down
{CA}Soulfly

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 am

8800gts and no problems,now ive seen this ill keep my eyes peeled affraid
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Genghis
Imperator_Genghis

Male Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Yep I do have the same error, but sometimes only. After my reinstall of windows it hasnt occur that much, I had it 1 time in last 3 weeks.. I thought it had something to do with my internal memory (1gig) but then I also thought a driver conflict.

gr
Back to top Go down
Foehammer

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:31 pm

it's prolly ur memory. i had 1 gig before then upgraed to 2 and now i have no trouble
Back to top Go down
Voll
Voll

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:41 pm

4gig eat my dust
Back to top Go down
RageParabola
RageParabola

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:00 am

For all you 1-2GB noobs I got my RAM fixed, turns out to have been a voltage problem.

Yeah Voll, you can eat my 4GB RAM's dust, haha
Back to top Go down
Foehammer

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 6:41 am

beat me in 1v1 first lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RageParabola
RageParabola

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 10:16 am

Foehammer wrote:
beat me in 1v1 first lol! lol! lol!

It's coming, bro! cheers
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 10:25 am

Arcturus, enjoy trying to beat him cause i tell you he is tough. Will be a good experience Wink
Back to top Go down
RageParabola
RageParabola

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

RAM's back in action. This time, no driver failures; no sharp decreases in timing cycles and spoolings. Powered under a new Cyber-green cold cathode light.

For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards 54468573ie2
Back to top Go down
Ranger
Ranger

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:14 pm

My comp is a pile of crap right now. I don't even have a PCI card Sad

Foehammer, you can ask me for a 1v1 anytime. I enjoy challenges. rabbit

Ranger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards   For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards Empty

Back to top Go down

For those with NVIDIA Graphics Cards
Page 1 of 1