Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Army for Boru

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Army for Boru Empty
PostSubject: Army for Boru   Army for Boru EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Boru, you asked for an army build. I am not the best on land but this is what I did/do. At lower ranks (1-3 or 4), I used 3-5 yari cav with the remainder being sword inf (load sword or katana sams) and archers. As a lower ranked player, there is one advantage. When I play a 1 - 2 ranked player (as a rank 10) my gen cost so much that I have a problem building an army. My biggest problem is someone who buys a lot of yari cav. From rank 5 up, I would utilize the clan retainer and use sword bonus producing retainers. I use a combo of cook (-2 enemy melee inf), blade master (+3 sword inf), sword instructor (+2 sword inf), shogun emissary (allows great guard), and clan retainer. I use 4 to 5 katana and no duch sams (majority vets) in each battle. I have some katana sams with attack rating of 29 and I am now upgrading their charge bonus. So, I would concentrate on building an army of vet sword inf, great guard, a few vet yari cav, maybe 2 monk matchlocks and archers.

This is just an outline of what seems to work for me best. Since the patch, edged weapons have become more effective.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Army for Boru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army for Boru   Army for Boru EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Hope you don't mind if i post my typical build as well Josephus. First thing you should do is get all the units you can (even if that means ignoring the clan map for a week, its better to have good units and a high rank than no units and a high rank.), getting great guard at rank 5 is a life saver (especially for high rank battles)

Im not going to post 5k because your gen is so different from mine most likely.

10k:

Archers- 3 bow ashigaru (you can take vet ones if you want, but if you do play the inspiring orator retainer once you get it)

Cavalry- 2 Great Guard OR 4 Yari Cav. (you can also take no cav if you want, 10k can be restrictive on your cav, so don't expect much from them other than negating enemy cav and sniping their general/archers

Infantry- 4 Katana Samurai OR 6 Loan Sword Ashigaru (Katana samurai make a good core for your army, loan swords can do the same job but your going to need more of them. If you take loan swords your general is going to have to be near them to stop them from routing on contact)

Matchlock- 2 OR 3 matchlock ashigaru (these are micro intensive to get the most out of it, but they can be worth far more than 380 with a couple good volleys. i usually place them behind my archers, but if you think you have a cav advantage its better to put both of them on one side next to the archers so they can shoot into the flanks of their infantry.)

Cost- 3 bow ashigaru = 1500 roughly
2 Great Guard/4 Yari cav = 2500 or 2800 roughly
4 Katana Samurai/6 Loan Sword = 2500 or 2400 roughly
2 or 3 matchlock ashigaru = 700 or 1000 roughly
my gen = 1500
total = 10,000ish

I also use the -5% retainer so i get abit back in cost.

your gen's cost should give you an extra 700-800 and i would advise you get a katana cav unit with it. Don't use it to fight other cav but charge it into their loan swords/katana samurai and they will get plenty of kills.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Army for Boru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army for Boru   Army for Boru EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, time to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army for Boru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army for Boru   Army for Boru Empty

Back to top Go down

Army for Boru
Page 1 of 1