Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First look at Napoleon TW

Go down 
+2
Icesham
Imperator_Romulus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

First look at Napoleon TW Empty
PostSubject: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 pm

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/napoleon-total-war/preview/napoleon-total-war-first-look/a-2009101510398948011/g-2009081915535505078
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:53 pm

LOOKS SICK BUT IAM STICKING WITH EMPIRES Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Yup. Im done with buying TW games for a while. They need to start getting their games done.until then im sticking with wat i got.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 pm

I AINT NEVAH GONNA BUY THAT GAME!

But seriously, I have been rather disappointed with CAs choice as Napoleon TW as a future title....just when i thought they were escaping their Euro centrism Mad

I dont plan on buying it unless some REAL good mods come out for it....also i dont wanna pay 50 dollars again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:01 pm

I may regreat it, but I'm buying it. It wont be out for a year or so and I'm sure I'll be dying to play it by then.

As for it being 50 dollars, I dont mind becouse it's a seperate game, not an expansion. It doesnt require Empires to play. Yeah, it uses the Empires engine but Medieval used the Shogun engine, and Medieval2 used the Rome engine. Empires already released their expansion (for $10) and now they're on to upgradeing the Empires engine. Its the same pattern they've used since Shogun. Make a game, make an expansion, make another game with an improved version of the same engine, make an expantion, make a new game with a totally new engine, release an expansion, make a game with an improved version of the same engine, etc.. The only differance is this time some of the changes will be retroactive, meaning some of the new features in Napoleon will be added to Empires if you have it. I think thats awsome. That doesnt mean the new features should have been in Empires to begin with. I mean when they made Med2 did they change rome so that the units had individual faces and with visible armour upgrades? Nothing of the sort, I wish they had but I really dont see a differance in that and what they are doing now.

They really said too much about what they wanted to do with Empires. Surely they wont make the same mistake with Napoleon and release an unfinished game since they have empire 1.5 as a base and a year to add all the bells and whistles.

Also I like Napoleonic tactics so I cant wait. tongue
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:05 am

as a loyal total war fan and a fan of historic battles I will get it.

I like the challenge of Napoleonic tactics as well Romulus Cool
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:00 pm

ill probaly get it to but i dont understand why they basically just made the excact same game twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First look at Napoleon TW   First look at Napoleon TW Empty

Back to top Go down

First look at Napoleon TW
Page 1 of 1