Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Napoleon Total War

Go down 
+3
Imperator_TNA
Imperator_Boru
Imperator_Romulus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Today on http://www.totalwar.com/ CA presented the latest title in the series!

Napoleon: Total War™️ is the new chapter in the critically acclaimed Total War series and opens up a new narrative layer to the genre-defining franchise. From the early Italian campaign to the Battle of Waterloo, Napoleon covers two decades of relentless battles, a backdrop of a world in flames against which the story of an extraordinary military career unfolds.

Whether you play as the legendary General or against, the outcome of war can never be guaranteed. The course of history relies on your ability to lead your troops through the most intense battles as never seen before in a Total War game.

The genre-defining franchise brings Napoleon to life:
Napoleon: Total War defines a new standard within the genre with exciting characters and a cinematic narrative, mind-blowing battle sequences and an unrivalled mix of turn-based and real-time strategy.

Three new episodic campaigns:
Take command and lead your armies on land and sea over three campaigns: Italy, Egypt and Mastery of Europe. The seamless mix of objective-based missions and sandbox experience makes this the most complete Total War experience to date.

Cutting-edge multiplayer:
Napoleon features fully integrated multiplayer modes and a complete set of online functionalities: Steam achievements, gameplay bonuses, uniform editor and voice communications.

All new Napoleonic battles and units:
Advanced weaponry enables new tactical options and even more exciting real-time battles on an epic scale, while the highly detailed environments and improved battlefield buildings guarantee a realistic recreation of famous historical battles.

Trailer and screens: http://www.sega.co.uk/games/napoleon-total-war/?t=EnglishUK
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Suspect hmmm...it looks like I might have a new tw game to add to my collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Napoleon: Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:49 pm

I don't if any of you guys heard about it, but it's due to be out February. It's a standalone game, not an expansion pack apparently, even though it uses the Empires engine.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288217

http://www.sega.com/games/napoleon-total-war/
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:40 am

Very detailed fourty minute interview. Twisted Evil

http://www.nzgamer.com/pc/features/847/napoleon-total-war-interview.html
Back to top Go down
Imperator_L33
Imperator_L33

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 am

I went straight to the battle portion and my jaw dropped. Sounds tight, like straight up legit. The general's influence sphere of aura sounds more complex and realistic as do the semi destructable terrains. And the zoom out rendering progress is something i am anticipating now that ive rebuilt my computer.

Ill be picking this up based on this commentary alone. Thanks Rom!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:39 am

Yeah man I cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:35 pm

It looks good. I thought it was the mod for RTW at first.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:59 pm

It plays alot more like RTW, belive it or not. The games seem to go faster even though the maps are bigger.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:27 pm

ill get it soon i cant say im real excited about it tho,its the same era as last game i would like something different(dark ages or rome 2 ).
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

It plays alot better than Empires Celtic.
Back to top Go down
{CA}Soulfly

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-05-31

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 pm

I said i wasnt going to buy it for a while till i seen reviews but ive got TW in the blood,downloading NTW now so ill see you guys on the battlefield.I hope its better than ETW
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Twisted Evil Except for the chat lobby still sucking, its awsome!
Back to top Go down
{CA}Soulfly

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-05-31

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Ive had a couple crash to windows,boru after that game crashed did it feck your screen res up when you went back on?

So far its no bad,i liked that map yous hosted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

It didnt mess up my res just through me to the d top. That map was a 4v4 that I set for 3v3, it was sweet, I wish we could have seen the end of that one. Great game, I hope they resolve those random crash's.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:27 pm

i got it ill probably be on later tonight theres a game at 1030 i wanna watch thow so kindda late.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:06 pm

amazon finally delivered Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Hell yeah! Did you get a bad-ass arty with your copy? Lets get some kills in!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Not yet Sad
amazon has to email me the code, whenever that's gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: sorry to say   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:05 pm

i think it sucks,i regret buying it again.sega has destroyed total war.why they just remade the same game that the hardcore total war players already rejected is a mystery to me. ill be on late for a couple of team battles if any one wants ill give it a little time but im a little furious they didnt fix the empire game i payed 70 dollars for.instead they remade the same game made it look better and ROBBED me of 40 more dollars.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I really like it, I think its the most tactical game I've ever played. I dont know what there is to hate unless you just dont like the timeframe.
I like empires alot too, I didnt play it much only becouse I'd rather be playing something with you guys. Empires run perfect if you install the correct drivers. ( https://imperator.rpg-board.net/empires-chat-f22/nvidia-drivers-t1558.htm read the last posts)
I'll be on late tonight, I'd love to get in some games.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:52 pm

i dont love the time frame but even if i did i wouldnt have bought the same game twice,i got bored of it the first time quick and dont know if i have the will to get back into it right away ill be on later mabey normal size units would help.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 pm

i guess my opinion of the game is if u like empires u will love it cause the graphics are better and it runs smoother.if u dont like empires chances are u wont like this either so might not be wise to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:24 pm

normal unit scale is a big improvment,i couldnt take a screen shot cause it went back to the beging to fast.im up for some games later.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:00 pm

small units was a blast
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 pm

I cant stand small units in any TW game, feels too much like I'm playing with little toys. Then again I havent tried it on Napy yet.

Im glad your giving it a go Celtic, I think I'll be playing it pretty often. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Napoleon Total War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Napoleon Total War   Napoleon Total War Empty

Back to top Go down

Napoleon Total War
Page 1 of 1