Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles Empty
PostSubject: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:17 am

Install at your own risk!!!

To unlock all factions for online play download this file: http://files.filefront.com/13474180.

Find your Empires data folder and back up your patch.pack file. I usually just rename it originalpatch.pack.

The data folder is located here: Local Disk:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data.

Now place the file you downloaded (called patch.pack) into your Empires data folder.^^ If it asks, answer Yes to replace files(since you made a backup anyway) and you're all done.

Its that simple. Run Empires now and you should have a ton of factions for online battles.

Know bugs
Sometimes people join and say they cant see other people in the lobby. It appears that the host can alway see everyone, so just assure them that everyone is indeed there. They can, however, always see each others chat in the chatbox. :blink: Anyway, the end result is game always loads and plays normaly once everyone checks ready. So have fun!

File originally made by Julius Isidrus. All credit goes to him.
Source:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234011

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : added warning/simplified directions)
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:17 am

Hmm Scotland has Clansman. Maybe a new faction for celtic? Wink
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:52 pm

can u help me with it later,downloading it is no prblem but then im not sure what too do.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:23 pm

You know it! It need to go in the Empires Data folder. I havent used XP since Empires came out so I havent seen where it installs to. scratch Hmm seems like it would be C:ProgramFiles/Sega/CreativeAssembly/Empire/Data off the top of my head. Not sure exactly untill I actually see someone with it one XP. Can someone here with XP verify this? bounce

EDIT: Hmm I ran it last night and I could join every game in the lobby. I started it today and steam ran an update. Now when I get in the lobby I can only join people with the same version as me. All the others are red. Just like it did in the old TW lobbies. Thats kinda a good thing actually, and to be honest over half the games that were up seemed to be using the mod too(meaning I could join them).

Just remember to back up your original .pack file and you can always go back to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Hmm... Now I can join them all again. scratch LOL
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 12:19 am

I simplified the directions, hope that helps guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manyscalps
Manyscalps

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: unlock factions   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:33 pm

have done...nice thanks for link and info romulus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles   Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles Empty

Back to top Go down

Unlock all factions for Custom/Online Battles
Page 1 of 1