Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why not the Numibians?

Go down 
+2
Imperator_Romulus
Imperator_Josephus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Why not the Numibians? Empty
PostSubject: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Here is a good reason not to use the Numibians. I have never had a game where my opponent kill so few of my men.

Why not the Numibians? RTW198

Why not the Numibians? Modern_legionary1
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:33 pm

LOL Nice one. Yeah, they do O.K. in a support role, I've done really well with them in 2on2, but in a 1on1 situation they seem to always get owned.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 pm

hmmm, id say he wasnt used to them, ive have a pretty good numidia 1v1 army, and it doubles as cav killer for 2v2 in CHEAP GAMES, what was the money because anything over 12.5k is too much for numidia, also, i try not to use them against a player whom i feel has chariots
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:12 pm

they are defencless against chariots.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm

side note, how was that not a herioc?, you lost 80 troops on a large sized battle
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Macedonian
Diplomat
Imperator_Macedonian

Male Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:40 pm

I can vouch for Greek when he says that Numidia can pull an amazing 2v2. His cav and good tactic movement saved the battle and my ass during the June campaign.

However, in a single role I don't believe Numidia can hold its own against stronger factions. It would have to be an experienced vet playing as Numidia VS. a rookie player type situtation- in my opinion of course. Neutral

Mace
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 am

statistically speaking, Numibia stinks. All the units are substandard on attack and defense. According to the data files, they recieve only a +2 desert bonus. That would give their infantry, for example, a 9 attack and a 15 defense. Can they be effective? Yes, against weaker opponents. Especially handled by someone who is talented, like Greek. I would say that is why Greek has won with them. I used them for a few games myself in 1v1 and routed a roman army. That does not change the fact that they are a weak faction. They maybe fun for a lobby game, but when its important to win I think they should be avoided.

As to why I had not won a Heroic, I was puzzled by that myself.

Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:48 am

the real trick is knowing how to use them with your partner, in 1v1s im actually playing 10k where they crush most any other army aside from the chariots armies

this is due to 6 camels, 6 archers, 6 legionarres, 2 of anything else, usually 2 long shield cavalry
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 am

Next time you and I are on, we can play a 10k and see how that army does. Maybe you'll surprise me... Surprised

Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Imperator_Josephus wrote:
Next time you and I are on, we can play a 10k and see how that army does. Maybe you'll surprise me... Surprised

your on, just pm me on xfire since ill most likely be in cod2
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Macedonian
Diplomat
Imperator_Macedonian

Male Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:31 am

The only reason I could think of why it would not be heroic is that your General died Jophesus. Your General's unit did lose alot of troops! So, did he die?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 am

No, I don't remember the gen dying...

Why not the Numibians? Modern_legionary1[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 4:16 pm

Greek, what is your xfire name?

Why not the Numibians? Modern_legionary1[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 5:09 pm

char1210
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:52 pm

okay guys this was the result of our game.

Why not the Numibians? 150aa2be868debebc6eb825b64490b854620415d

good job josephus, when it came to it, your infantry beat all i had. although a took a large chunk out of your army, and when you think of cost and things like that............ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 5:37 pm

u guys shuld try once at 10 k
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Its a little late for me to reply to this topic, but I can personally say that on 12.5k Numidia is as strong as most other factions. Its camels give it a slight edge (price wise, and causing fear) vs other cavalry. In past experience Numidia can beat Rome, Carthage, Macedon (with a very experienced player), Greeks, and most other barbaric factions.

That being said for proof I might be able to scrounge up some screenies for proof if you want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 am

well, the main issue with numidia in a one v one is archers, your archers stink, which means that you have to out cav them. which you can with camels used properly.

any good egyptian worth his salt will dominate a numidian any day of any week though.

EDIT: i should look at the post dates before i revive threads shouldn't i?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why not the Numibians?   Why not the Numibians? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why not the Numibians?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Rome Total War 2 :: RTW Chat-
Jump to: