Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

most glorious campaign battles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

most glorious campaign battles Empty
PostSubject: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 4:21 pm

im wondering if any of you play the grand campaign or imperial camaign and if you do whats your most impressive accomplishments
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Good thread choice. I personaly have only beat the rome campaign as Scipii, I think it would be cool to post some complete campaign victories.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:34 pm

great idea!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 9:38 pm

since you like the idea, ill start with a campaign ive been working on recently,

most glorious campaign battles Ee2500b99831382c0ea6dcd3c21726065ee87a3a

i figured some of you might find it amazing my finances at this point
most glorious campaign battles 1c7a2a371c878c80d7147e5283b6dc0f0906da5b
my biggest money maker right now

most glorious campaign battles Bad7af41057b22b448ce197ac2fef8aa44540510

my current progress
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 10:43 pm

what is the starting $$$ code everyones has been useing ? I know you hit ~ and type something.

I think beating a campaign on hard campaign setting and very hard battle setting with out $$$ boost would be the mots challengeing. Very Hard Campain tends to make me mad when I play it Razz
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 pm

it uses too much of the part of my brain that is for work,i usally play one campain when the new games or mods come out,then get back in too online play.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:35 pm

press ~ and spell "add_money (AMOUNT)" just like that without quotes.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:37 pm

i played normally without any cheats as the julii . i conquered all of Europe but then The dam scipii blockadedone of my ports and a damn civil war occured. that pissed me off. like 6 factions were living
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:11 am

moneys easy to come by in the adriatic and on islands like crete, they become money fountains once you get a monopoly in the nearby sea, athens is a prime example of that

btw, i didnt cheat at all in that game, the money total was hard earned and well protected
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:23 am

can someone help me with how to recruit alot of troops without causing your cities income drop. It always happens to me. i buy one unit 300 denarii drops from my income
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:31 am

thats your units upkeep, if you but a unit of say, peltasts, you have the initial pay and then the like 100 to pay it in wages per turn, its the no. 1 problem to incomes since its where most of your expenditures come from

to answer your question, id increase taxs or disband some useless units from central cities that your sure wont be attacked

also, mercenaries have a very large income so its advisable that you use them to win say one big battle, then disband them before their upkeep really hurts your income in the long run
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:05 am

Yeah i disband lots of units often, I try to keep my cities garrisoned with cheap units while I usualy have several strike forces who are always on the move.

In mtw2 its all about huge walls and free upkeep units in towns that are not in much threat of being attacked.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 am

Imperator_Boru wrote:
what is the starting $$$ code everyones has been useing ? I know you hit ~ and type something.

I think beating a campaign on hard campaign setting and very hard battle setting with out $$$ boost would be the mots challengeing. Very Hard Campain tends to make me mad when I play it Razz

Even on Hard for the Campaign and Very Hard for battles it is SOOOOOOOOO hard. I play every battle but everyone declares war on you. I was the selucids and I lasted about 40 to 60 turns on Hard campaign/VH battles. Everyone around you declares war on you, the only faction that didn't was the Greeks.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 am

Imperator_Boru wrote:
Yeah i disband lots of units often, I try to keep my cities garrisoned with cheap units while I usualy have several strike forces who are always on the move.

In mtw2 its all about huge walls and free upkeep units in towns that are not in much threat of being attacked.
As you expand outwards and you have let's just say 16 provinces in one area, the provinces that are surrounded by your outmost provinces, get rid of units in cities that are protected by outer cities.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:22 pm

Quote :
Even on Hard for the Campaign and Very Hard for battles it is SOOOOOOOOO hard. I play every battle but everyone declares war on you. I was the selucids and I lasted about 40 to 60 turns on Hard campaign/VH battles. Everyone around you declares war on you, the only faction that didn't was the Greeks.

the selucids are one of the hardest factions to play as, best way to play as them is try to ally with as many as you can and take out egypt real early, also, selucid has some really major income cities so build up babylon and their capitol city (cant recall the name)

also, never play a really offensive game, seiges are easy with phalanx factions because the ai charges into your pikes
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Ok thanks ill try it out
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 pm

thetruegreek wrote:
Quote :

the selucids are one of the hardest factions to play as, best way to play as them is try to ally with as many as you can and take out egypt real early, also, selucid has some really major income cities so build up babylon and their capitol city (cant recall the name)

also, never play a really offensive game, seiges are easy with phalanx factions because the ai charges into your pikes
Selucia... Even if you allied with everyone, the alliances will break in a turn. Plus, the Selucids just don't have the good units to beat Egypt early in the game. Pike militia suck.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Quote :
Selucia... Even if you allied with everyone, the alliances will break in a turn. Plus, the Selucids just don't have the good units to beat Egypt early in the game. Pike militia suck.

id use a lot of mercs in that case, selucid has a great financial start and its one of the few factions that can use them mercenaries early and keep them

also, pike militia is good in sieges so you shouldnt ever lose any of your cities and you may have to beat egypt in a war of attrition or blitz them until they succumb Wink

selucid gets really easy once you get rid of one of the surrounding factions, i prefer to pick on parthia first and wipe them out while playing pure defence on the other two fronts your bound to have, once parthia is out of the picture you can move your army down to egypt or take out armenia , thus allowing you to do a 2 front war with pontus Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 pm

"also, pike militia is good in sieges so you shouldnt ever lose any of your cities and you may have to beat egypt in a war of attrition or blitz them until they succumb"
That's all I use them for... Just pike wall in front of the breached walls. No one goes past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most glorious campaign battles   most glorious campaign battles Empty

Back to top Go down

most glorious campaign battles
Page 1 of 1