Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ottoman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Ottoman Empty
PostSubject: Ottoman   Ottoman EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Famous Ottoman Comanders

Murad I - defeated Lazar of Serbia at the Battle of Kosovo in 1389 CE.
Bayezid I - defeated Allied Europe at the Battle of Nicopolis in 1396 CE.
Murad II - took Thessaloniki, from the Venetians in 1423 CE.He defeated Władysław III of Poland and János Hunyadi at The Battle of Varna in 1444 CE and Battle of Kosovo (1448).
Mehmed II- he conquered Constantinople, bringing an end to the medieval Byzantine Empire in 1453 CE.
Gedik Ahmet Pasha - conquered the Principality of Theodoro and Genoese colonies in Cembalo, Soldaia, and Caffa in 1475 CE
Kemal Reis - defeated the Venetians first at Battle of Zonchio in 1499 CE and at Battle of Modon in 1500 CE.
Selim I - marched to Iran in 1514 CE and defeated Shah Ismail at the Battle of Chaldiran.He attacked and destroyed the Mamluk Sultanate at the Battle of Marj Dabiq and Battle of Ridanieh in 1517 CE.
Suleiman the Magnificent- Belgrade fell in August 1521 CE.He defeated Louis II of Hungary at the Battle of Mohács in 1526 CE.He also defeated Habsburg Monarchy at the Battle of Szigetvár in 1566 CE.
Hayreddin Barbarossa - In February 1538, Pope Paul III succeeded in assembling a Holy League (comprising the Papacy, Spain, the Holy Roman Empire, the Republic of Venice and the Maltese Knights) against the Ottomans, but Barbarossa defeated its combined fleet, commanded by Andrea Doria, at the Battle of Preveza.
Piyale Pasha - defeated the Holy League at Battle of Djerba in 1560 CE.
Mehmed III's armies conquered Erlau and defeated the Habsburg and Transylvanian forces at the Battle of Mezőkeresztes in 1596 CE.
Murad IV captured Baghdad in 1638 CE.
Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed Pasha - conquered Heraklion and ended the Cretan War (1645–1669).
Baltacı Mehmet Paşa - won a major victory at the Battle of Prut against the Russians in 1710-1711 CE.
Silahdar Damat Ali Pasha - conquered the Morea in the Turkish-Venetian War (1714–1718).
Mahmud Dramali Pasha - fought in the Greek War of Independence.
Reşid Mehmed Pasha - fought in the Greek War of Independence and the Egyptian-Ottoman War.
Omar Pasha - fought in the Crimean War.
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk - defeated Allies of World War I at the Battle of Gallipoli in 1915 CE.
Back to top Go down

Ottoman
Page 1 of 1