Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 types of players

Go down 
+6
Imperator_Romulus
thornheart
Imperator_Boru
Imperator_Celtic
Esh
{D-T}BLack-Dragon|TH
10 posters
AuthorMessage
{D-T}BLack-Dragon|TH
{D-T}BLack-Dragon|TH

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-11-27

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 12:54 pm

I have come to notice that there are 2 main types of players
in MTW2.

You have players like me who like to attack. In my case its because i dont like using archers. The other type of player is a
Defencesive player. These Guys like to wait and fight it out at range frist before moving in for the kill.

Well this got me thinking if we can combine the 2 types of players
to work as a well oiled battle tank. lol!
it could work in our favor, Because the attacking players can hold
the enemie in place well the defenceive player attack at range.
Of couse it will take a bit of pratice to get it to work.

It should catch people off gaurd as neely all clan players meat in the middle and play the waiting game to c who move frist.

Let know what you guys think about this or if you have an idea yourself let us know about it.

Hail to all Dragons, may you feed on the Bones of the enemies.
The crows have already had the meat lol!
Back to top Go down
Esh
Esh

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-03-12

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 4:41 pm

sounds good defenatly becuase i rush almost every game and if had a partner that could take advantage of my kamikazi it would be great
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 6:28 pm

im defensive at every thig i do. Twisted Evil it is nice to switch back and forth so enemys dont know what to expect.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 8:59 pm

For me it depends on how i read there army, like for example
if i see no pikes but super inf like christian guard or armoured
knights i will most likely rush head on with my high charge bonus cav smashing into the superior inf and breaking there formation, usaly there cav will swarm my rushing cav and there inf scramble to kill them.That is when i rush all my inf in 3 waves, my well armoured inf hits there dis oraganized infantry, my peasents/cheap inf stay close to there flanks so they dont get discouraged, and my spears swarm off to both sides to get there cav who is usaly killing my rusher cavs.I then will send my general unit and reserve cav usaly the ones with weaker charge onto there flanks or hiting there sides.This simple tactic has won me many fights.
so mostly i am a very offensive player but at times i get the urge to set up a phalanx like formation with good missle support
and give them a good little shell to try and crack.
Back to top Go down
thornheart

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-03-09

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 pm

yes guys its a good strat that works very well in vi also but the major prob is the cordination between team members thats nescessry it takes alot of work but its a great idea
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 12:26 am

In a team battle I like to play a support role. Unless I'm using my missle cav way over on the other side of the map, I spend most of my time watching my allies to help coordinate my men with theirs, and counter the enemy.
Im not so good at a heads up charge becouse I want to send my troops to help elsewhere. I'm working on that. Smile
One on one I love to attack so in that respect I guess I do both offence and defence.

I didnt want this thread to languish at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: well   2 types of players EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm

I have come to notice, i often do better if i combine both types. I am also a lot better when i do this in 3v3s or 4v4s, that way i have my inf with my allies, and if i know i can make something happen, i attack with cav. Thanks to the guys who make this possible Smile
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 2:58 am

Looks like I better bring some pikes if im going to play Boru. Wink

This is a sweet thread so I bumped it so the new members can add their thoughts. Cool

Btw im still working on the sending units WAY over there thingie. woops heehee
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pehlvan-e-Sindh
Imperator_Pehlvan-e-Sindh

Male Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-15

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:39 pm

For me it depends entirely on what type of army the enemy has and what my own capabilities are, and since i started playing with Alex ive become a HUGE fan of the Roman factions. Typically ill wait it out to see how the enemy moves and since i (usually) have good missile troops ill kill with range, but if I know that i cant beat them at range, i.e; they've brought pharaos bowmen or foresters, then ill send in the infantry to meet them head on (its better if they cant throw pilla cuz i get to take a few more pot shots at them Very Happy). As for the cavalry manuevers... well you'll just have to see for yourself Cool
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Well, for me personally I am completely offensive minded even when playing with the Phalanx. Thankfully, I have moved on from my Macedonian days (I still love Alexander) and have moved to the Romans. I guess the way I attack is very simple actually, I dont like range battles I bring archers to humour the other players, I focus mainly on my cavalry not getting killed, I also do not let my infantry stay still I get them moving as soon as I can, and keep my infantry and cavalry within "striking" distance of each other. I have the infantry hit head on and let them get into a slugging match (which the Romans are very effective at... lol! ) that way I can focus on my cavalry, then lead them into a victorious charge into the enemies rear and flanks.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 am

Im a huge chariot fan and i play ranged warfare, i prefer to have my pair of chariot archers shoot at their archers, most of the time my opponet sends out a cav unit to kill my chariots archers, at which point i charge there cav. by then theyve lost typically a unit of archers and a unit or 2 of cav, and i then start a archer war and try to force their cav to charge me. i kill their cav with my chariots and loop the chariots behind the infantry and charge. the chariots rout the inf and i win fairly often in 1v1 that way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 types of players Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 types of players   2 types of players Empty

Back to top Go down

2 types of players
Page 1 of 1