Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!

Go down 
+5
Imperator_Ragnar
Imperator_Boru
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw
Foehammer
Imperator_Romulus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! Empty
PostSubject: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 am

Yeah my computer is dying. Sad It took awhile to get it to fire up. I think my hard drive is going out. I can heard an adible clicking coming from that general area that concides with lockups. "sigh" I'll have to have someone look at it. I need a bigger hard drive anyway. At least I got to post before I go completely awol. No work AND no computer, maybe I'll try and get on later and just run it into the ground. lol I need my MTW2 fix. I'm jones'en already. Win one for the Romster! Hope to talk to you guys soon.

Romulus

Last edited by on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foehammer

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 5:23 pm

if all u need is a new HD u can get a good 250 gig 1 for about 60 bucks off newegg
Back to top Go down
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 6:48 pm

this is a lost to all. we will honor your PC, Boru, make a new thread about Rom's PC, IT was a good PC
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 7:55 pm

I wish you luck on youre quest for a reliable pc pirat I will kill many in youre honor.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Ragnar
Imperator_Ragnar

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 1:43 am

Sorry to hear that Romulus, but think how sweet youre pc will be with new parts Cool GL m8
Back to top Go down
-Crusaders-Turk
-Crusaders-Turk

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: i migt have help for u   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 11:14 am

Romulus if u are still with us i might have a 180 gig hd for u
Back to top Go down
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 6:56 pm

Okay ma out for awhile, my Start button broke.
Yes i said it broke off. Mad

W.......T.........F! Mad
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Yep, it did indeed crash that very night. I just now got my new hard drive and operating system installed. I got Vista Home Premium. pale It was actually alot cheaper than HP. I hope it had enough time to get all the bugs out. Does anyone else use Vista? Anyway, I changed out my puny 40 gig Embarassed for a beefer 320 gig. I have to start reinstalling all my old stuff and break out the mtw2 manual. Hmm... Alt dble right click sounds familiar. Hope to see you guys online.

Rom
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: ROMULUS   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Romulus, if you have any problems with window vista home premium ask me, i have it too and went through a lot. I have a 320 GB hard drive too Smile
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:38 pm

cheers we missed you bud, Im glad to have you back in action.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 pm

i have no idea what the hell anything u said means but welcome back romulus.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Laughing Celtic heehee. Thanks Bro. Its good to be back. Yeah Konst, I dont know about this Vista. I spent ALL of yesterday upgrading drivers just tring to get my sound to work. I finally went and bought anouther sound card and that worked but man this computer is getting expensive. Grr. Anyway I have alot to do today but I'll try to get home and get back online. I still have to install mtw2... oh man I just realized I lost all my old rtw saves! pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad sniff sniff. Does it run well for you on Vista Konst? Does anyone else use Vista? Well hope to see you all soon.
Romulus
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: Vista   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 4:48 pm

ok first of all, you absolutely need directX9 for medieval 2, med 2 gives you the option to install it, do it. Direct X 10 wont work on that. Also, anything you get, say, motherboard, video card, sound card, you have GOT to get everything vista certified. They all basically need to be vista certified, some that are not may work still though. But things that dont work with vista will crash your comp every time. Nonetheless everything works great on vista.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 2:39 am

Yep, having alot of problems. Wont even let me install the game. It may be my cd-rom now. Mad
Back to top Go down
Foehammer

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 10:52 am

ok Rom i have a quick fix for ur problem. first
take vista back to the store.
second buy XP
third enjoy life
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: yeah   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 10:58 am

yeah i kind of agree with foe on that one. Wait a while for Vista.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Well at least Vista did get rid of like 1800 spam e-mail that was backed up for four weeks... so theres that. Yeah I returned the hell out of that and I'm back online with XP Pro. I'll let you know how the mtw2 install goes.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 11:22 pm

I dont want vista anymore, Ive heard so many bad stories.Im sure with windows xp pro you shoud be fine.Good luck bud.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: haha   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 9:08 am

You have Vista Boru? Bad stories are more cause people don't know what they are doing and what works with it. They don't have the patience either. Stuff with which i have and my vista is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 am

No I dont have it, but I was thinking about buying it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_DragonSlayer
Imperator_DragonSlayer

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 12:56 pm

ni vista is rubbish i had it but i had MTW2 on it and it didn't work so i had XP on it instead
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

PostSubject: hehe   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 1:57 pm

it didnt work only because, DIRECT X10 WONT WORK FOR THE GAME, YOU HAVE TO INSTALL DIRECT 9 THAT COMES WITH THE GAME.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 5:23 pm

Yeah, after tring to install it I got the same error message on XP Pro as I did on Vista. So I dont blame Vista. That being said, i did manage to fix the problem quickly with XP, where on Vista I spent many hours tring to fix it and coulnt event get the game to start. And yes Konst I installed directx9c that came with the game. Smile
Mine updated no problem and I even have my kingdoms mods back on. I ran a few quick battles and it ran smoothly. Havent tried the campaigns yet but in sure they will be ok.
So I hope to see you guys soon.
Romulus
Back to top Go down
Foehammer

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 11:09 pm

what i dont get is y they came out with Vista when XP works perfectly fine as it is. i would rather have an updated XP than Vista anyday. besides the "bugs" of XP are worked out
Back to top Go down
Imperator_DragonSlayer
Imperator_DragonSlayer

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 8:53 am

yea i agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!   Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick PC..MUCH BETTER NOW!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Tavern-
Jump to: