Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tactics after last patch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Tactics after last patch  Empty
PostSubject: Tactics after last patch    Tactics after last patch  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:16 pm

I am sure many of you have noticed the changes after the last patch. It seems people have adopted tactics similar to MTW2. I had begun using 5 vetted sams and 1 spear, plus 2 great guards (vetted) and 1 yari with 3 - 4 archers. What was effectively beating me last night were cav heavy armies with stock inf units. The cav would hit my inf in frontal attacks and weaken them severely. This was not as effective as hitting dismounted knights with mounted knights in MTW2 but it was effective. Today I began using 3 peasant spears as a spear wall in front of my elite sams. I now use 4 sams. I only lost 1 game today after making this adjustment. The use of matchlock have dramatically decreased.

I played the #2 ranked naval player today and got beat liked a rented mule.... He was a master at screening his cannon ships with his fleet and sniping my cannon ships from behind them. I think I learned from him now I just have to apply it.

I hope these little observations will come in handy for some of you guys.
Back to top Go down

Tactics after last patch
Page 1 of 1