Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Imperalism ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

American Imperalism ? Empty
PostSubject: American Imperalism ?   American Imperalism ? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Just throwing this out there. Many think about american imperalism.. some good, and some bad. With tensions riseing because of the possiblity of more wars with North Korea and Iran I have been reading more and more on "American Imperalism"

here is a quote from John Quincy Adams back in 07/04/1821

" [America] goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benign' sympathy of her example. She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force. She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit."

it seems he was right for the most part except Im not sure I agree on the last part "She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit".
as Im not the most religous guy Razz With bases all over the world I think Imperalism is real what do you guys think ?

American Imperalism ? Usmilitarybasesinthewor

I am a proud american and stand firm with my country but I like to here others thoughts on these topics.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: American Imperalism ?   American Imperalism ? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:51 pm

i have agreed with that looking for monsters to slay stament for a long time.I think the next war isnt going to be iran or north korea i think one of those south american deployments is gonna get more serious.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

PostSubject: Re: American Imperalism ?   American Imperalism ? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Colombia to be specific.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: American Imperalism ?   American Imperalism ? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 pm

hmm yes Colombia has been in quite the pickle for quite some time....although if we got involved there itd be to fight drug smugglers/cartels, and ironically might be a (sortof) throwback to the Cold War days as the biggest terrorist group in Colombia, FARC, claims to be communist and thus recieves VERY limited support from other leftist governments in South America like Venezuela and Bolivia.

Only country ive been to in South America is Peru, my uncle has a vacation home down there in a very Chinese community just outside of Lima.

However, lemme say this:

If we are to get involved militarily in ANY latin american countries, the first one would undoubtedly be Mexico and heres why:

1) Drug activity in Mexico has a more immediate effect on the American people and economy
2) As the number of people with Mexican background in America skyrockets, so does the interest in the well being of Mexico as a country, as many people have family back there.
3) In Mexico we'd have the biggest strategic advantage, a large border with them means we would easily be able to transport many troops down there by land, as well if we needed precision bombing we could have ourt airbases in Texas provide it, AND the climate/terriain in the South Western parts of America are almost exactly the same as in many parts of Mexico, the only catch would be in the SE jungle areas although the biggest drug gangs are in the north and in or around Mexico city.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Macedonian
Diplomat
Imperator_Macedonian

Male Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: American Imperalism ?   American Imperalism ? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:04 pm

As we looked on with envy at European nations and their sucessful Imperialism, (espically England) we wanted it. After the sucessful Spanish-American War, we got a taste of it, and we were forever entwined to do so.

Mace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Imperalism ?   American Imperalism ? Empty

Back to top Go down

American Imperalism ?
Page 1 of 1