Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:43 pm

M&B is pretty crazyyy with all that goes into it. Everyone has a unique style/technique they use to get results. If you found something that works particularly well, please share with the rest of us Very Happy

A few cav tips:

The courser is the best horse if your going to be chasing cav. It has the highest speed and maneuverability.

Get a feel for the reach of your lance. If you thrust too early your hit won't do any damage. Too late and you're impaled. Timing is everything. Striking first doesn't guarantee scoring the hit.

Don't be scared of inf. The heavy lance outreaches every spear except the bamboo and rhod pike. If you're careful and know your range you can kill them. 2 handers are also good targets, as you have much more reach than them.

The only time you should avoid inf is if they get in your deadzone, which is directly infront of your horse. If they get there you cant aim your lance and you'll prob die. Avoid javelins/throwing axes. Also archers. screw archers they're dangerous.

If you have a shot at the back of anyone take it. Thats the major advantage of cav. You can be anywhere quickly. Circle people, distract them, bump into them.

Lances:
I only really use the heavy and great lance. You can beat any lance with the right timing. Heavy is the all around best imo, its not slow and has good reach. Great lance is a monster but its hard to get the timing down, and it's so slow you only get a few chances to hit with it. For anti-cav, if you know what you're doing, go with the heavy lance. Great lance is okay but hard to use. It can go toe to toe with a pike though, so once you get its range down its fair game.

Basic stuff but i wouldn't mind a few more wingmen Wink
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Nice tips Tna, keep them coming.

you are like 10 ft tall 500 pounds of muscle in mount and blade king
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 pm

Haha if only that'd equate to real life Razz

Something else on cav: you can kind of compare it to naval battles in ETW and NTW. The horse is your ship, a courser like a steam boat or somethin while your warhorse is a 1st rate.

Also, the same tactics can apply. Try to cross the T when lancing against other cav, weave back and forth and take shots at their horse. If they're superior then just run back to the rest of your fleet (team). Your sword is like grapeshot, lancing the body your round shot, and lancing the horse your chain shot.

Wouldn't mind some archery tips Wink
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Good stuff TNA, great post. The only thing I can add is try to work with the other cav. If you have a good wingman, you can do some real damage.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 am

Nice TNA I really want to get used to cav so I will try and play it with ya when where both on, thanks for the tips.. do u use auto or manual when on cav? for the lance I mean.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 pm

i have the original, so something i found is that the game can do something similar to how the mongolians fire on horseback. when nochting your arrow, once its as small as it gets you can jump your horse to freeze it then shoot. takes awhile to get it right but it can help your accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Imperator_Icesham wrote:
Nice TNA I really want to get used to cav so I will try and play it with ya when where both on, thanks for the tips.. do u use auto or manual when on cav? for the lance I mean.

Manual for couching. I don't usually couch though, thats for rom Razz

Never couch against another cav going towards you. A thrust outreaches a couch. A heavy can outreach a couched great lance even.

Also thanks for the tip eve. I never knew that Smile
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Good stuff thanks TNA and EVE
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Imperator_TNA wrote:
Manual for couching. I don't usually couch though, thats for rom Razz

Never couch against another cav going towards you. A thrust outreaches a couch. A heavy can outreach a couched great lance even.

Also thanks for the tip eve. I never knew that Smile

Ill couch cav at any other angle though, just aim alittle high. I'm sure it pisses them off getting couched off the back of their horse. Twisted Evil Also, if you didnt know, couching their ride will kill it instantly. I moved my couch button to my middle mouse button(press down on the wheel) helps alot. I think all the servers are set to manual Ice, not sure.

What you said about the cav's dead zone is really important TNA. You cant hit(with a weapon) them if they are directly infront of you. You have to turn slightly.

Thanks Eve, I'll try that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tips Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Thread   Tips Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips Thread
Page 1 of 1