Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tricks on RTW, its long but useful

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Tricks on RTW, its long but useful Empty
PostSubject: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Here are some tricks when using Pikes on RTW.

1)If you have the same size pikes as the enemy (long vs long or short vs short) then it is better to not attack and have your pikes standing still.
2) If you have shorter pikes it is better to attack the enemies longer pikes.
3) If you have the shorter pikes then take them off guard mode.

Here are some Light Cavalry Tricks on RTW

1)When using light cavalry to hit an enemies rear it is best to let the infantry completely engage.
2)When light cavalry is being used on enemy Chariots wait until you can get the charge bonus.

Here are some archer and skirmishing Tricks on RTW

1)If you have better cavalry then the enemy dont be afraid to spread your archers out wider. If they are in lose formation and spread thinner you lose less men per enemies volley then lose formation and in a thicker setup.
2)When skirmishing Light Cavalry is better for the attacks on unprotected enemy archers.

Here are some chariot Tricks on RTW

1)Keep your chariots out of melee and archer fire until the climax of battle to conserve their hit points.
2)Chariots just standing behind your enemies line while infantry is engaged is just as devastating as having them charge. It also conserves Hit Points.
3)Barbarian Warlords are the best chariots in the game and only Britain has them.
4)Egyptian Chariots are the worst chariots in the game.
5)Scythed Chariots amok very easily. Make sure they do so behind the enemy's lines and not your own.

Here are some cavalry Tricks on RTW

1)Rome is weak against a lot of cavalry. Plan accordingly.
2)Cataphracts are the best cavalry in the game. Dont waste them.
3)Cavalry is the most over powered unit in RTW. Remember that.
4)Praetorian Cavalry can beat Cataphracts if you alt attack.
5)Always alt attack even if your cavalry doesnt have a secondary weapon.

Thats the majority of all the tricks I know on RTW other then the ones that HoS is in the process of discovering. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice tips Wolf. I think cav trick #4 can be in question considering a normal praetorian useing alt attack will lose vs a normal cataphract useing alt attack. The cataphracts mace even with low attack will make the praetorians armour bonus almost obsolete.

*chariots are the only cavs that can defeat cataphracts in an even fight.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Imperator_Boru wrote:
Nice tips Wolf. I think cav trick #4 can be in question considering a normal praetorian useing alt attack will lose vs a normal cataphract useing alt attack. The cataphracts mace even with low attack will make the praetorians armour bonus almost obsolete.

*chariots are the only cavs that can defeat cataphracts in an even fight.

True forgot to mention that. Other then the slight correction Boru pointed out everything else is right I hope Razz Good eye Boru.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:38 am

I just remembered another trick in a Cata vs Chaz fight.

Its called that Cataphract box. If you have your catas go 4x4 or 5x5 and let them sit still in guard mode when the chaz attack and you dont move them they will beat the chaz.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:37 am

Another one i've seen is a ball of cataphracts or Preats work chariots, although it usually isn't super effective against them.

An Archer trick, peasents are the most useful unit out there, if you have low range archers move the pez up first to distract their fire while your archers set up, if you have long range units you can do the same and youll probably get a longer life out of them. They also double as a cavalry meat shield standing in front of your archers.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Imperator_Eve6 wrote:
Another one i've seen is a ball of cataphracts or Preats work chariots, although it usually isn't super effective against them.

An Archer trick, peasents are the most useful unit out there, if you have low range archers move the pez up first to distract their fire while your archers set up, if you have long range units you can do the same and youll probably get a longer life out of them. They also double as a cavalry meat shield standing in front of your archers.

The good players in clan don put their archers on fire at will. They manually do everything. If I could find the video I would show you Zeke moving his army. The top RTW clans teach their new players not to let the game do anything for you but to do it manually.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_CohortXIII
Praetorian
Imperator_CohortXIII

Male Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

...very informative ! Smile i thought alt attack makes you charge with your primary right? i thought preas and catas only had primary melee weapons?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm

I have a tip!!!

an old trick i would use with egypt, though i guess you can do it with britons too.

Whenever i played with egypt, i almost always got 2 chariot archers.

what you want to do is use them as normal horse archers and just kill whatever it is you want, and wait for him to send anything on a horse at you.

keep your chariots off of skirmish and move them a tiny bit back, then while thier cav is still charging your chariots, suicide your chariot archers. Even though its just 2, usually i find that them killed 20 cavalry and often live through it because the other cavalry rout before they can really do enough damage.

this ensures cav superiority because egyptian chariots will defeat just about any other cavalry out there, maybe not cataphracts but thats still a maybe because its more or less which one routs first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tricks on RTW, its long but useful   Tricks on RTW, its long but useful Empty

Back to top Go down

Tricks on RTW, its long but useful
Page 1 of 1