Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

multi player battles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_brownbomber
Imperator_brownbomber

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-08

multi player battles Empty
PostSubject: multi player battles   multi player battles EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:58 am

anyone having difficulty winning games ?

i started off ok, i think iver only won 1 game in the last 10, i've either lost, or was in the process of winning and someone dropped out.

does anyone else find games empire games on multiplayer a touch boring ? as long as you line your men up correctly and undesrtand geometry and angles, you have a good chance of winning.

don't get me wrong, i think the game is ok, but lacks something that med war II has, doesn't have the excitement during online battles.

any views ?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: multi player battles   multi player battles EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:57 am

Ive managed to win 32 ranked battles and lost 5 Evil or Very Mad Ive been haveing a blast . For me skirmishing with long range units and saveing cavalry until the time is right has been key to my success. The other thing is when the battle start you dont have to keep youre forces fully cometed to the fight if it starts to look bad, with draw and regroup if you must. Theres one battle that comes to my mind the most, I had irish brigades vs austrian line and i was out numbered and out ranked and starting to lose when I pulled half my force back back and got a higher position, my opponet was in the process of saying gg as the victory was his then I did an infantry charge with my last irish brigade vs his 2 austrain line. His 1st line routed fast and it was down to the last 2 units, we both started flickering white flags at the same time but he routed half a second before me and I was able to pull out a victory.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: multi player battles   multi player battles EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:27 pm

I dont have too hard a time winning, usually a cake walk. I can give you at least a partial explaination for this...I havent played a single 1v1 and I havent played a game without an Imperator or two on my side. So, I guess I havent really challenged myself. Neutral Sure is alot of fun winning though. Very Happy

The only thing I find boring now are playing the same maps, over and over. I'm going to concentrate mostly on campaign untill they remedy that. But as one of my posts pointed out they're already looking intonew maps. I think 95% of the campaign battle maps would be perfect for online, wish we could just use some of those like in all the previous TW games.

Good point Boru. I'm glad they finally made a total war game that lets you pull you men out of combat without them instantly routing. Dont hesitate to reposition your men if they start taking a beating.

Anyway, yeah, get some Imperators on your team and your chances for a victory are greatly improved Brownbomber. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: multi player battles   multi player battles EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I've been getting good with naval battles. Some nuances to master, but otherwise its been ok. I did have a problem with the game crashing in the middle of ranked games. I had 4 or 5 go down like that. It caused my skill rating to drop from 32000 to 24000. I fixed the problem and won a few.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: multi player battles   multi player battles Empty

Back to top Go down

multi player battles
Page 1 of 1