Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Empires practice

Go down 
+2
Imperator_sparta
Imperator_Josephus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Have any of you heard of Imperial Glory? It was a video game that entered the market about the time RTW did. It is an RTS almost identical to total war. The similarities between Empires and it are striking. Imperial Glory is set during the Napoleanic Wars using the same units, including naval, that Empires will be using. I have a copy of it. I was thinking that we can maybe get a head start on empires by playing Imperial Glory. This game is almost exactly like total war (buying units, with upgrades, money levels, etc) except the unit control is more difficult. It has a far more realistic environment than Rome. The game was made by Eidos. If anyone has it or is going to get a copy, I would like to play some multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:00 pm

Im downloading the game right now. If any of u want to download the full game. I have the link.

http://d.trymedia.com/dd/eidos/60m_d/ImperialGlorySetup.exe

here is the crack.

cant find a crack that works. This only includes the game with 1 hour trial. If i find a working crack ill get to u guys

I wil tell u if it works when i finish downloading.

Last edited by Imperator_Sparta on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 pm

hmmm, I will download it just like Sparta... I assume the download is free Sparta?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Or the NTW2 mod, I'd be down for some of that. Or even the For King or Country mod, it has alot of gunpowder units, though its only got two factions and the unit prices are'nt set up for online. They're both in the Total War section.
Imperial Glory's always looked cool too btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:11 pm

hmmm, its a bit hard to understand the game concepts. I will however play NTW... I had a blast with that.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:50 pm

im downloading napoleon now, hope its good Smile an idea for practice is to have a 1v1 tourney using napoleon, if it doesn't get in the way with the BI one first.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:41 pm

I've been playing Napoleon online, and it is awesome. real different game play than rome and medieval, and very refreshing and good. i think we all should get it and practice a little with it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:13 pm

For one time all of us played it . I think half of Imperators have it. I just need to download the map pack.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:44 am

I do remember that... I also remember French for the victory! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Whenever I have a few minutes, I do a little practice in a new area that will be available in Empire; naval combat. Imperial Glory has a real cool naval combat dimension. I aim to be our admiral....

Empires practice IG2-1

Empires practice IG3-1

Empires practice IG
Back to top Go down
Ranger
Ranger

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Is Imperial Glory worth getting now that E:TW is months away?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm

It depends. If you just want something to play single player, then it would be good. If you want some multiplayer action, then I would wait. Unless, of course its incredibly cheap (I bought my copy shortly after RTW came out) and there are a few of us from this forum who want to play it.

I like the naval aspect of this game. There is a second game, older than IMperial Glory, which as more detail in its naval battles. The name of this game is "Age of Sails". The down side of this game is the length of time it takes to fight a naval battle. i played for hours with age of sails and still didnt sink a ship.... this equals.... boring. Other times it moves fast enough. Bottom line, if you want some naval action and don't mind spending some coinage, its worth it for that I think.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:00 pm

It does look pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:21 pm

It is. I cannot figure out why it never took off in multiplayer. It plays almost exactly like a total war game. The only criticism i have is I have to micro manage the units in land battles. The naval battles work better, but the ships are never on autofire. I have to order each one to fire. The plus of that is a naval battle cannot have more than 7 ships for any one faction. With seven there is a lot to do.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:36 am

I've been so into the BI season, I haven't been playing Imperial Glory. Here's a screen shot that I took because it just looked cool. I am marching to a village... right before the AI kicked my butt....

Empires practice IG4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Empires practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires practice   Empires practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Empires practice
Page 1 of 1