Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Light Cav: Elite's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Light Cav: Elite's Empty
PostSubject: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:36 pm

Elite light cavs

Stradiots with valour, attack and defense upgrade
cost: 1023 florins
stats: 13 attack 12 defense 5 charge
speacil abilities: Good stamina, Good morale, Fast moveing
base morale before upgrade: 9 (10 after valour upgrade)
base defense before upgrades: 4 armour 6 skill (+2 defensive rateing after upgrades)

Alan Cavs: 2 valour and attack upgrade
cost: 982
Stats:13 attck 14 defense 5 charge
speacil abilities: Good stamina, Good morale, fast moveing
base morale before upgrade: 9 (11 after valour upgrades)
base defense before upgrades: 4 armour 6 skill 3 shield (+1 after valour upgrades)

around 1000 florins or less should be the cav bench mark for building elite cavs on lower florin games like 10k.

11 morale is the best base morale. Example Teutonic knights and chivalric knights have 11, just to show you how great that # value is.

*the test I ran the alan cav defeated the stradiots more often than not, but usualy with just a few guys left. Pretty evenly matched, but alan cavs cost 41 florins less per unit.*

*yes they can beat many cavs of = cost after there upgrades. Druzhina and huscarls usualy beat them with just attack and defense upgrade @ a cost 905. The Druzhian and huscarls dont have the speed and stamina to match the stradiots and the alans.
Useing run through method my light cavs destroyed the druzhina and huscarls. If duzhina and huscarls ran through that would be a different story*
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Boru, perhaps you and I do a test with the walkthrough where you can use the Alan and I will take the Huscarls or Druzhina cav. I am pretty sure that the Huscarls are the best cavalry unit in the game to perform the walkthrough since you dont have to wait for them to lower their spears, as soon as they make contact, you can count to 1 and then send them through destroying the enemy cavalry before they pull their melee weapons.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Mounted Sgts:
$ 795 with
1 valour, 1 attack, 1 defense

attack: 11
defense: 15 (4 armour/5 skill/ 4 shield
charge: 4
morale: 5

no speacil abilites

They were able to defeat -huscarls with attack/defense, -stradiots with valour/attack/defense-tuareg camels attack/defense-alan cavs 2 valours/attack

they struggled vs heavy armoured units like upgraded men at arms valour/attack/2 defense-mailed knights attack/defense, mailed militia valour/attack/defense

all in all a very good unit for 795 florins with those upgardes
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 2:44 pm

its like the elements- fire beats wood, wood beats water, water beats fire. Thats the theory anyways geek

mounted sgt beats stradiots
stradiots beat men at arms
men at arms beat mounted sgts

mounted sgt had v/a/d= $ 795
stradiots had v/a/d=$1023
maa had v/a/2d=$1028
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Wait a minute, Mounted Sergeants beat Huscarls? Thats sounds a little suspicious to me... Who are you testing these against?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 7:08 pm

since huscarls are famous as anti heavy cav cause of their axes, and sarges don't have armor because they are just all that. it can be so Wolf. lol!
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Im not against Mounted Sergeants beating Huscarls (if it is so, it makes Milan even more powerful muwhahaha) which also opens up alot of cash for More upgrades on infantry, perhaps another x-bow or two (I love my x-bows) and some other good surprises.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:44 am

Yes I confirmed my test with mounted sgts. My Mounted Sgts at a cost of 795 defeated a chivalric knight with out uogrades at a cost of 930. I also defeated the huscarls but in a test with manyscalps he had his huscarls do a run through on my mounted sgts, I did not run through back and I lost but the huscarls were criticaly wounded with only 13 men left, I had 19 mounted sgts left over from my fight with chivalrics and my 19 sgts destroyed the 13 remaining huscarls easy. I need to try a run through sgt vs a run through huscarl next.

yes alex it helps the italian factions tremendously haveing the upgraded mounted sgts. All the extra $$$ can go into more upgrades, xbows, spears ect.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:23 am

Nice my Papal states we be better as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Cav: Elite's   Light Cav: Elite's Empty

Back to top Go down

Light Cav: Elite's
Page 1 of 1