Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello Everyone from BigJohn

Go down 
+2
Imperator_Eve6
BigJohn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigJohn
BigJohn

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Hello Everyone from BigJohn Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:02 am

First - The Shout Outs: I want to again thank Manyscapls & Sithis for introducting me to Imperators. They were spot on in their praise and illustration of this guild. Of the people I've met, I can truly say they've been more than supportive and helpful and above all Patient in regards to my inexperience and overall lack of knowledge.

Second - Of those people, a grandiose THANKS to Eve6, Almasy, and Wolf. I had the fortunate experience of playing with these three this past weekend - those were battles I shall soon not forget. To Eve6 thanks for being a riot - you make the game play fun and enjoyable because you're fun and enjoyable. To Almasy - my OB1-Kenobi of MTW2 - all I can say bro is DENMARK. I'm on a roll and owe a lot of that to you - thx brother!. And to Wolf - Fraps is definately the way to go. I've been running it and to date, have 10 (yes count'um 10) victories saved via screenshot using Fraps. That's in addition to the other victories I nabbed with Eve6 & Almasy earlier this past weekend - however I'm unable to get those rply files to play, so I'm not really counting those until I do...

Third - On to the questions. My first real question is, How in the world do I upload these BMP images? I'm at a loss here - lol.

Fourth - My gameplay weaknesses. I find that my inability to move my armies in a more strategically organized and faster method tends to equate to my overall destruction. I've watched as other players seem to miracurously move their armies with such precision and speed that in an instance I'm over taken - half the time with my army lined up not the way that I want them to be, either facing the wrong direction or getting all bunched up into one conglomerated mess that a few cavalry charges from an opposing player and half my army flees in a state of panic whilest the other half lay dead on the battlefield. Any pointers here would be most welcome...

Again, thanks to all those who've helped me already thus far, and thanks to you all for giving me an opportunity to become a member of your ranks.

V/r
- John (BigJohn) Horton
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigjohn005
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:50 am

for the first question, go to either photobucket.com or imageshack.net i think. and you can upload screenshots that way. for the second, its all experiance, and the r button. r is the key that makes your men run btw. thanks for the comments about me too, i try to make the game enjoyable Smile keep playing, 1v1s are good experiance for learning what units beat what and how to do certain technicques like rushing, or ambushing. and if you get the chance join a couple of thompsons 4v4s, he is a good guy to learn the game from.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:12 am

cheers John im glad you are sticking it out bud, you are almost there !

To upload youre image try this link http://imageshack.us/ *save to favorites*

its says upload: then its gives a list image/url/video/multiploader/fileexchange click the one you want, in this case image *should already be selected*

next go to browse- check documents, pictures, were ever you saved the file to then select the picture/screenshot you want

next click the size you want it at-640X480 is the best size.

next click host

a list with codes will appear. Go all the way to the bottom you will see a + symbol that says advanced linking, click that, there is a code, right clickand copy
*a red warning will appear that says do not use for forums scratch ignore that I always use that one, the others have stupid spam and advertisements connected. This one is a direct link to image, its the best code to use.*

next go the war room and make youre self a thread for youre kills.
When you post you will right click and paste to get youre link added to the post. If you want it to appear in the post and not just be a hot link you need to type bbc code like this Hello Everyone from BigJohn  paste image
so the Hello Everyone from BigJohn Before and the after no spaces. This same method works for adding a custom signature to youre profile. You host youre image, copy, go to profile signature and in the big emty box type Hello Everyone from BigJohn  then paste youre image and type and youre sig will be added. To have youre signature appear in youre post you will have to add it in the post. When you are about to send post after you finished typeing, below send off to the right there is a + symbol for options, click that, then click box that says attach signature, you will have to do that on every post you want youre signature to appear on.

as far as moveing youre armies around with precision I would work on groupeing them and when you tell the groups and formations to move be sure you right clck group then left click were they go, then right click and drag which way you want them to be faceing as they get to there position. This is my last day of work then I get a week paid vacation, I will be at home for this vacation so I will be able to get many battles in and I will help out as much as possible. When I met Sparta he couldnt move his army at all, now he is a wrecking ball who can turn on a dime Cool
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Thank you BigJohn, I am a proud supporter of FRAPS, and it works like a charm. Also, for moving your armies around, use groups, but not only that, have multiple groups and move them with different orders. (at least thats how I do it) but do not, I repeat do not have your cavalry in groups, that makes them less effective, micromanage each cavalry unit on its own. Also, you can press the SPACE bar on your keyboard when in battle and you should see yellow sections as to where you have told your units to move to and the direction to face in case you forget, that is another useful tool. Again, stick it out you are well on your way to making it into our ranks.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:40 pm

just wondering bigjohn, what time do you normally get on, its nice to know.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Almasy
Imperator_Almasy

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:12 pm

Thanks John for your gratitude and good attitude.
Here's what i like to do to facilitate the manouver of my armies.
First I use the keyboard not the mouse to move the camera.
Second when moving units i always hold down the spacebar while positioning units. Third when moving units you right click and drag until desired width and direction is achieved. And yes the grouping mentioned is always recommended. You'll get used to it eventually and speed will come to you. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Imperator-Eve6 wrote:
for the first question, go to either photobucket.com or imageshack.net i think. and you can upload screenshots that way. for the second, its all experiance, and the r button. r is the key that makes your men run btw. thanks for the comments about me too, i try to make the game enjoyable Smile keep playing, 1v1s are good experiance for learning what units beat what and how to do certain technicques like rushing, or ambushing. and if you get the chance join a couple of thompsons 4v4s, he is a good guy to learn the game from.

imageshack.us
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:30 pm

I see Boru already listed it. Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone from BigJohn   Hello Everyone from BigJohn Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone from BigJohn
Page 1 of 1