Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We need to "research"

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

We need to "research" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:02 pm

what i meant is iff i get egypt, then they would get britain to counter, britain works wonders on egypts chariots, and if they work a rush plan, which they will have, egypt will be screwed. so, Britain can easily beat egypt, and i feel selucid is not a very powerful house as it was a huge weakness at archers, its cav are awesome, but lose the archer game in a 3v3 and i can gang up on other guys. my archers then beating the other archers, then the others. my archers will be spent however my teammates will have half-ammo most likely, and 6 archers with half ammo can ruin any army.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Mate, trust me when I say this... Egypt and Seles beat British easily. You get pikes, and archers, and Scythed Chaz, thats it... British have no archers to make Seleucid Scythed Chaz run amok, and pikes beat Chaz...
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:14 pm

im talking of one on one, what are the odds we can get sele and egypt in one round anyway, we will most likely get egypt, rome, and then whoever picks lasts favorite. odds are still high we will not get egypt anyway. Celtic can tell you what im telling you, Britain can counter Egypt, i don't bet on the 100:1 shot of getting 2 such factions in one battle on my side, ill settle for either, but getting both is both overkill and setting us up for round 2.

p.s. can someone pls post official rules so we can be clear about this.

and i like this debate wolf, very entertaining. Smile
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:15 pm

We need to "research" - Page 2 Rtw20080723220108ye8

Guess who I was faced up against in these...

We need to "research" - Page 2 Rtw20080805123440qz3

We need to "research" - Page 2 Rtw20080805154855oa4

This one is to show the power of Greece...
We need to "research" - Page 2 Rtw20080806115917ic3
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm

listen, please, im waging odds and statistics of the units, you wager your skill and that of others. I can garuntee you we will not get egy, and sele, in one go around. and please, do test runs with the chariots, british chariots beat egyptian ones. one egypt doesn't have its chariots it can be bum rushed and crushed due to their low moral on inf. (thats in comparison to other high end inf) ive done it to people and screamed and yelled when it happened to me, just trust me, britain can beat egypt, and the archers wont matter when they just rush anyway. they would have cav superiority, at least on my side, and my inf would be sandwiched. then its mop up the archers and my armies gone. or he could charge into my partners side and back, insta rout, then its 3 vs 1, not good odds.

P.S. those looked like high money games. not 15k
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Ofc British Chariots beat Egypt Chaz, I was not defending that point, I was however saying that Egypt can easily beat the Brits. I would think those screenshots would prove it... If you want to take Egypt in the first round fine, use them and I will just use the Seles vs Brits, thats not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:31 pm

he admits something cheers cheers cheers

kidding aside, if you go sele, i can use a weaker faction to save it, i prefer to start large and end large, my style. so your sele, ill be a faction depending on map, and celtic or rom can be rome or whatever they feel fits in best to our plan.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm

i feel we should have one of us have an army that they will use no matter what, rom could do this with rome. then the other two shall form off of rome, such as getting factions to help its lack of archer and cav power.

Mace, Carth, Germ, and possibly egypt (if we want the overpower effect i was talking about) should do it.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Well, if you wish to get rid of the best faction in the game prior to us really needing their use then so be it. We will have to stay away from the Seleucid Empire so that when it comes time to kill the brits, I can use them.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm

huh? rome is the best? when, i merely suggested building off of an army one of us is good at for teamwork. we make two sets of this, for round one and two, and round three we make do with scraps because predicdign that is impossible.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:44 pm

No, Rome is not the best faction in the game (though they can beat anyone including Egypt and Parthia... I have replays to prove it Razz) Egypt is overall the best faction in the game, which is why everyone gets mad when someone uses it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:49 pm

thats what i thought, i suggested egypt if we want that overpower effect, thats all. btw, how many posts have we had in an hour, my hand is cramping Smile

Everybody has a lot of reading to do Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:51 pm

I know we have been going back and forth on this for a while, but I think we have just unleashed a torrent of RTW info into this clan hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:53 pm

well, my hands cant push the floodgates down much longer, Cool

ya, im horridly cliche. Razz

still, if anyone else wants to but in after seeing what i have just done for an hour, and suggest armies, me and wolf will have a new thing to debate cheers

Wolf, if you get on now, we can have a few debates with other clannies, if you catch my drift farao
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:55 pm

*lifts nose and sniffs the air*

hmmm that smells like a formal declaration of surrender... looking for something new to debate... hehehehe Razz
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Imperator-Eve6 wrote:
well, my hands cant push the floodgates down much longer, Cool

ya, im horridly cliche. Razz

still, if anyone else wants to but in after seeing what i have just done for an hour, and suggest armies, me and wolf will have a new thing to debate cheers

Wolf, if you get on now, we can have a few debates with other clannies, if you catch my drift farao

True, we could have some "debates" with other clans hehehe
Unfortunately I have a large amount of AP US History Homework to complete and I will be writing a 4 page essay in 30 minutes tomorrow as part of my testing... Sad
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:58 pm

oh man, oh well. maybe tommorow, no got to go to the gym, so maybe next monday ill be able to play. thats sad
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 pm

These are what seem to be the facts:

1) Rome is the best "all around" faction. Meaning it is more adaptable them other factions. The secret is building an army to match your opponent's weaknesses. The most difficult factions to beat with Rome are: 1) Briton 2) Egypt 3) Sels 4) Scythia
My anti Briton army has beat them at 15K about 20 - 1. At 12.5K the scales tip strongly to Brits.

2) Egypt is, overall, stronger than Brits. Even if the Brits chariots beat the Egyptians, the Egyptians' Pharoah's archers and pikes gives them the overall nod.

3) Odds of getting sels and Egypt are good. If we get first pick, it will probably go down like this:
Imps: Egypt enemy: Brits Imps: Sels enemy: my guess... Macedonia or rome
If we get second pick and they get egypt and sels in first game, we will get them in the second game.

4) You are right Wolf, you do not have to have maxed urbs all the time. They are necessary when you fight another roman faction. I have beaten 99% of roman factions who have not upgraded thier urbs gold gold.

I think some testing needs to begin. Tests should not be done against the computer because results are different in multiplayer. I'll be on again tonight around 10 pm eastern.

We need to "research" - Page 2 Modern_legionary1
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 6:05 pm

for ease of use, i present you, the rules!!!!!

Quote :
This is a 3v3 Tournament and will feature 16-32 teams that will fight in pure knockout style.

You can list between 3-5 players per team who cant be switched later on between clans or teams. If ppl leave clans or disappear and the team has less than 3 players left it will automatically lead to a disqualification.

Its only allowed to play with original cd-keys. Players or teams who get caught and pided playing with different cd-keys will also get disqualified.

This is a challenging tournament but polite behaviour and sportsmanship is required at all times. No foul language shall be tolerated. Tournaments integrate the community. Therefore we wish to have a place of peace here.

Format Rules

Each team will play a "best of 3" (2 wins out of max 3 games) formula for all rounds and a "best of five" (3 wins out of max 5 games) for the Grand Final. You will have 2-3 weeks in which to organise and play your match. A match negotiation thread with deadline of games to be played will be created by the adminstrators, clearly titled "Team X Vs Team Y", if a team failes to reply to this thread within five days then an automatic forfeit will be given to the clan who did reply.

After a match it is absolutely imperative you take a screenshot of your victory/defeat.

Failure To Play Matches

Failure to play matches will be evaluated on a case by case basis. If matches are not played before the deadline, we will consider each case individually, and if clans really tried to arrange their match, we may allow a recess week. If they are still not played, then the Administration reserves the right to grant punishments.

In other situations such as teams where actually playing their battles but somebody lagged out, or crashed then the game should be replayed ASAP with same factions/armies and player position.
As aformentioned, each case will be different and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Technical Issues

In the event of desynchronized Games Clans will have to send the original logfiles(if possible) and the Battle Replay to the admins so they can watch the replay and form an opinion about the game. if the game was really desynchronized then a Game replay will be granted.

If the Replay is granted, then both clans will have to play with the Same Players and Factions as soon as possible. If by any Reason Clans can't play with the same players they must warn the admins about the situation telling them why they can't play with the same players. It must be a strong reason.

There is no guarantee that if you got the Desynchronized message the game really was desynchronized so the admins will form their decision case by case.

To avoid cheats by alt tabbing pls also make screenshots of the lag situation, the statistic score and save the replay/logfile.

In Game Battle Setup

1. Unrestricted Camera
2. Grassy Flatlands Map
3. Normal Unit Size
4. Clear Weather
5. Summer
6. Normal Difficulty
7. 45000 denarii per team

Other In-Game Rules (per player)

1. No Artillery
2. No Elephants
3. 6 Maximum of the Same unit type per player
4. 8 Cavalry Maximum (includes melee/missile cav and chariots)
5. 8 Maximum Foot Archers and Slingers (does not include light infantry javelin throwers and Head Hurlers)
6. 2 Maximum Horse Archers/Chariot Archers
7. Rebel faction is not allowed

Factions and Attacking/Defending

Teams may not have more than one of the same factions on their team. For instance team X may not have 2 Seleucids and a Greeks, but are allowed one Seleucids, one Greeks and one Brits.

The fixture list will be posted in a very deliberate manner. The clan on the left will pick a faction first. Then the other clan will chose a faction, then the clan who chose first will pick, and so on until all players have chosen a faction.

For Example:

TWR vs Hemis

TWR will pick their faction first and will be the defender. In following battle, they will pick their faction second and be the attacker.

In a deciding 3rd or 5th game(finale) the looser of the last game (2nd or 4th) will pick first.

Faction Elimination

Every team is only allowed to use each faction ONCE per round, this icludes also Rome.

For Instance

Round 1

Game 1 Team A picks Rome/Egypt/Cart and Team B picks Rome/Macs/Brits then in game 2 Team A cannot choose Egypt/Cart/Rome and Team B cannot choose Macs/Brits/Rome. And the same applies if Game 3 is necessary

In Round 2 all factions are available again for the winning team.

You might need 6-9 different factions for the knockout round and 9-15 different factions in the grand final.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 pm

When I play a Rome vs Rome game, my army had only one Urban Cohort with -/g upgrades the remainder is 6 Praetorian Cavalry g/g and 2 Legionary Cavalry g/g with 6 Roman Archers g/g and 2 Archer Auxillia g/g to beat another Roman Faction. The secret to beating Rome is Cavalry, that is what they are weak against. As for the test, yes you need to have them against other players, not against the computer.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 2:59 pm

ok, lets test it for proof. maxed urb vs maxed preat. we will see what wins. Next test maxed sacred band vs maxed cata with exp.
Have you tested Egyptian chariots vs Brit?

You going to be on tonight wolf? eve6?
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Ok, I may have been unclear. I have learned to play far different then most of you have during my stay in AoE. When I fight, I use a combination of my Archers and My cavalry, I am certain that I can have a maxed praetorian cavalry (g/g is max I assume) beat an urban cohort without the archer support, the archer support just makes it easier. Use fire arrows, bring your cavalry to their rear, then will make the choice of turning their infantry to your cavalry and you proceed to shoot them in the back, or they face your archers and you charge your cavalry into their rear. (either way, it results in their death.)
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 11:26 am

So I went ahead and sent you the replays of some of the battles Josephus. Hope you enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks wolf. I got the email. It was a very busy weekend with the baby etc. so I haven't looked at it. I will look at tonight while my wife is cooking dinner.
If I remember the testing that I have done with Railen, maxed preat cav wasn't able to beat maxed urbs. Thing is, I don't remember exactly nor do I remember if we tested before or after the last patch. Thats why I would like to test it again.
I have used cav/archer armies against Rome (usually Scythia) and slaughtered Rome, with approximately 3 exceptions. The few times I lost were due to the roman being patient, using his army in unison, and attacking the archers first. I have also beat cav/archer armies with my standard Roman army, slightly modified, using these tactics. It was a very difficult win though.
I wanted to be on last night but my wife got on the comp for about 3 hours... the nerve of her... I thought I was the only one that could do that? scratch
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:50 pm

hehehe well it is possible to beat cav spam armies with the Romans but as you said, you have to be very patient. I am, and it takes forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need to "research"   We need to "research" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We need to "research"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2