Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rules and format

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 am

Greetings,
Here are the settings for Round 1 of the RW 2v2 Tournament.

Round 1 will be a group phaze of 3 teams per group.
After signs ups end we will randomly put the teams into 3 groups. The teams will play each other a best of 3. The teams that finished first and second will continue into round 2, and the team that finished last will be eliminated. Each goup will have their sub-forum where they can arrange their matches. We hope that it will go easy, without any problems.

The admin team will clearly let you guys know who the attacker/defender will be of a certain game. The attacker of the first game will be the defender of the second game, and the winner of the second game will be the defender in the third game, if there is a need for it.

The faction choosing will be started by the attacker of the current game, followed by the defender, then the other attack, and finally the other defender. Once you clicked a faction you may not change it. If this happens, any team should report it to the admins. The defender is allowed to hide in forests/camp on hills but red line camping and corner camping is strictly forbidden. The attacker may not do these.

The maps will be the following for round 1:

Game 1: Scottish Higland
Game 2: Syrian Flats
Game 3(if needed): Grassy Flatland

During Round 1, each faction can be used only once (only 1 roman faction can be used). After Round 1 is over, there will be probabbly a different method of faction choosing, so use your best faction in Round 1!!

The rules of the tournament can be found in the same forum!

We wish you guys luck, and fun!
The Admin Team
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:06 am

REALISTIC RULES SET (RRS)

The rules will promote more diverse armies, better use of your units, more complicated and complex tactics, and a totally new gameplay feeling! The revolution is here, be a part of it!

Maximum 5 units of the same type (except cavalry)
Maximum 5 cavalry units
Maximum 6 missile units (HH, skirmishers not included)
Maximum 2 Horse Archers, count as both archer and cav (Jav cav not included)
Maximum 2 berserkers
Maximum 3 cavalry units of the same type
No Artilery
No Elephants
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: groups   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 am

GROUP 1
GoaT pwns Sheep - GOTW Team 2 - Defenders to the last

Group 2
ZZzzZZzz - Sith 3 - Pinkpwnies

Group 3
Fulminata 1 - Arcani - Chingizhan

Group 4
Destroyers - oochiewallas - Antiquae

Group 5
Turkish IMperials - Hemisphere 2 - taow

Group 6
The Admins - Hemisphere 1 - CoH 2

Group 7
Sith Team 2 (aka The Muppets) - Inferno - GOTW 1

Group 8
Invictus - Imperators - TWR-Team-2

Group 9
AoE - OTD - COR

Group 10
TWR-Team-1 - Fulminata 2 - Destroyers 2
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:26 am

im not familiar with our opponets, how good are they?
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:19 am

Invictus do have a decent amount of talent, but not over talent. They are a challenge, but are not unbeatable. Wink
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:32 pm

How are we using our players? Has there been a scheduled day/time for our first match? I will need to know asap so I can schedule around it.

rules and format Modern_legionary1
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:17 pm

no times yet josepus, Ginko will post for us times.hopefully we attak in the first game so u can be rome it would be a win for sure almost..i think i might be beter in the second and third game when defending and the strong factions are gone.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Imperator_Celtic wrote:
no times yet josepus, Ginko will post for us times.hopefully we attak in the first game so u can be rome it would be a win for sure almost..i think i might be beter in the second and third game when defending and the strong factions are gone.

i concur, but if one of use uses egypt in the first battle, we are really weakening them in the second right, since they cant use it.

and i will be more usefull as the romes get less usage, my thracian upset would be particularly funny to pull off

i wont use that if anyones worried, but spain and numidia would be better in the second battle and ive been specializing in them

also, for who plays when, me and celtic are great at defence, but we typically play maps where we do ambushes so that will be out of the question. eastern factions will be used in the second one as its desert, so my W.W.N. will be usefull. the worry there is that egypt will be used by them, which will be next to impossible to stop if one of us uses britannia in the first one.

In conclusion, im a better defender as i can let lose my archers which is my overall play style, roms rome would be greatly useful at any time, Celt should play the 1rst or 3rd match so he can play in more favorable conditions.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:36 pm

being able to use the weaker factipons will be very importantwith these rules and format that is why im so excited bout it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:42 pm

hey, why not for fun, we draw our own bracket and fill it in with who we think will win

this is simply a prediction based on what we know of the clans

i.e. i predict that taow will win their brackett, now i just need to make the bracketts
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:00 pm

If i am following this correctly, I will play in the first game as rome, whether we attack or defend. Second and third games will be celtic and true greek?

I think I can beat most egyptian armies, even in deserts, with rome. I have a very effective anti-Egyptian army. This is especially true if they are limited to 6 archers and my ally is a phalanx faction (preferably Macedonia). The phalanx owns chariots and a combination of Macedonian/aux roman archers should reduce the egyptian archers down to a managable size.

Question: does the 6 archer limit include the 2 ha?

Last edited by Imperator_Josephus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:05 pm

Imperator_Josephus wrote:
If i am following this correctly, I will play in the first game as rome, whether we attack or defend. Second and third games will be celtic and true greek?

I think I can beat most egyptian armies, even in deserts, with rome. I have a very effective anti-Egyptian army. This is especially true if they are limited to 6 archers and my ally is a phalanx faction (preferably Macedonia). The phalanx owns chariots and a combination of Macedonian/aux roman archers should reduce the egyptian archers down to a managable size.

that all depends on who egypts partner plays as

also, assuming rome is used in the first match, numidia and selucid will have the only legionarres, so numidia will have a distinct edge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rules and format Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules and format   rules and format Empty

Back to top Go down

rules and format
Page 1 of 1