Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x Empty
PostSubject: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:58 pm

You heard me right, after some tinkering and headbanging, I managed to add close to thirty new maps(plus all the original maps) for Stainless Steel 6.x. They should work on any Stainless Steel game thats 6.0 or higher. Unless KK changes the map in a future release. Just as in RTW map pack, only the host needs to have it.

Download here:
http://www.filefront.com/14546525/Stainless%20Steel%206.x%20Imperators%20Map%20Pack.rar
For install instructions see below.

• -Download the rar file found above.
    -Open it and extract the mods folder to your Medieval 2 folder which can be found: Local Disk C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    -If done correctly it will ask to overwrite, say yes. This will replace your custom locations file with the new one.
    -Then you'll have to right click on your SS6 shortcut, go to properties, and add --io.file_first to the end of the target. there is a space between the " and the first - so it will go from:

"C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.bat"

to:

"C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.bat" --io.file_first

All your doing is adding a space and --io.file_first to the end. Make sure you APPLY, and woosh, thirty new maps for Stainless Steel 6 online glory. I should try to make an auto installer, but this is very quick and easy. If anyone needs help I'd be happy to do so. Just let me know and I'll walk you through each step.

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added updated file, better install instructions, and stickied)
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:26 am

Sweeet!!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:36 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:36 am

Hmm, maybe I'll go through and get some more even(deployment zones) maps before I release it. When I get the time. If anyone is still interested in the thirty I have so far, and care to help me eliminate some of the unfare maps, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptySat May 17, 2008 9:06 pm

K, so, I went through and changed twenty-two of my thirty-some maps. Laughing Now I can say that 95% of the maps are even as far as no huge hills for one side or the other. These maps are sweet and theres a good mix of them. Now all I need are people to play them with.

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Sun May 18, 2008 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:35 pm

Cool, Foehammer converted it into a rar and added some pictures for me. I downloaded it and it works. They should also work with any future releases as long as KK doesnt change the map. If anyone wants it, just place this file http://www.filefront.com/14546525/Stainless%20Steel%206.x%20Imperators%20Map%20Pack.rar in your MTW2 folder by saveing and drag/drop and it will put it in SS6. If you do it right it will ask to overwrite, say yes. It simply replaces your custom locations file with one that has new maps. It also includes all of the origianal maps.
Then you'll have to right click on your SS6 shortcut, go to properties, and add --io.file_first to the end of the target. there is a space between the " and the first - so, for example mine went from:

"C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.bat"

to:

"C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.bat" --io.file_first

All your doing is adding a space and --io.file_first to the end. Make sure you APPLY, and woosh, thirty new maps for Stainless Steel 6 online glory. I should try to make an auto installer, but this is very quick and easy. If anyone needs help I'd be happy to do so. Just let me know and I'll walk you through each step.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Updated. Now the download works. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x   Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperators map pack for Stainless Steel 6.x
Page 1 of 1