Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER

Go down 
+2
Imperator_Pazu
Imperator_Romulus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Empty
PostSubject: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Hmm...

Seeing the way clan wars works, i.e. the clan with the most victories on a providence take ownership, perhaps we might think of making one, somewhat larger(and hence more successful), unified clan with CA and the Grailknights for Shogun2.
I dont mean merge clans or anything that drastic, but perhaps form an alliance that we can all fight together under. Maybe each clan can have its own symbols on the banners or just have differant color troops.

Clans work through Steam groups so there can be clans with 1000+ members. Neutral Strength in numbers.

I posted about this on CA and Grailknights sites.

Idk, just thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:41 am

hmm...3 factions/nations uniting to conquer the world....like....the Axis? (Germany-Italy-Japan)?

LMAO j/k

But seriously, ya great idea Rom, we could form a sortof 'Coalition of the Willing' xD

What would we call our alliance?
Suggestions:
-The Celtic Empire
-The Celtic Coalition
-Alliance of the Sun
-Empire of the Sun
-Dragon Triangle
-Red Triangle
-Gold Triangle
-Great Shoguns Alliance
-Triple Alliance of the Shogunate

idk just some weird ideas o.o
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am

Thisll be our symbol:
Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Hojo

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Sounds reasonable. just don't make our coalitions colors pink bunnies and im k with it.

Although the Pink Monsters of the Pacific does have a ring to it....
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Heehee. Nice ones Paz. I'm just sending out feelers at the moment but it seems like alot of people like the idea.

Need more Imperator input. bounce
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Im cool with it if everyone else is.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 pm

ya me to
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Looks like everyone that I've talked to is in favor of this idea. Still waiting on a few people(LOOKS AT SENATE) to speak up before I say anything official. CA's high council is still discussing it, so we'll see how that goes.

I'll give it another week or so and then we need to start discussing the details, ie name(Pazu has a good start already), etc. Cant really do a whole lot without knowing how the whole Total War Steam Clan structure works.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:29 pm

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm

LOL I'm funny. CA has been a little silent on the whole mega clan idea. I dont really think they're into it all that much. Anyway I posted everyones replies because they asked what we thought and at the end put this:

HEEHEE Im a stinker.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm

this is what will happen if we join together....

(the last gift is not garunteed by the wholesale joining of the clans, nor is it in any way relating to the gaming world at all.)
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 pm

LOL, good stuff. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 am

I think that alot of issues can come from merging several clans together. Each clan has worked hard for years to build there own name for themselves and in a sense would be giveing that up to form something else and they wont be expanding there clans name/growth in the next tw. Then theres going to be senate's and councils that are use to decideing whats best for the clan who will not be able to do that with out getting approval from others clans. What if everyone disagrees with what to call the "new alliance" or dont want to be called anything other than what they already are. I will go along with it if thats what our clan wants but to be honest I think we should not sacrifice what we have built just so we can have more territory on one total war game. Would you rather be a large empire like xerxe's had in 300 or would you rather be the small elite group like the spartans ? We might not be as large as other clans but we will keep our own identity.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Good points Boru. Thats the kind of posts I've been looking for all week.

I was really wanting to wait for everyones input before I started thinking about details too much.

Like I said, its not a merger. We would still all fight under our clan names, wear our own clan tags, have our own clan colors. All of our clans would be listed on the steam page with links to each clan, new recruits would be joining the clan that invited them. All "ruling members(ie senate, high council)" would be made officers in the steam group and each of the clans would still run their own affairs and focus on whatever parts of the map they like. Of course we would do better if we coordinate with all three clans but I don't see a scenario were one clan could adversely affect another.

The only purpose this new group would have would be to make us(and our allies) competitive in clan wars. We have always been a good clan but with five or six or even ten good players we just cant compete with larger clans unless we play 24/7. If it were all about K/D ratio this whole thing would be pointless to me, we could easily do it alone, but clan wars are based on wins so its a matter of numbers.

As swoosh so pointed out on twc:

Quote :
100 player clan wins 30% of games = 30 wins, 30 player clan wins 100% of games = 30 wins.....

Our name is really only known to our closest allies. I'm ready for the glory we deserve. There is strength in unity, strength in numbers. Add that to that the prowess we already have on the battlefield and I think we could be very successful in clan wars.

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Of course I'm saying all this with very little knowledge of how clan wars system is going to work in game but this is all based on what I know to be true so far.

And if anyone wants to change their vote to no for whatever reason you wont hurt my feelings. I want to hear both sides and certainly don't feel I can make this decision on my own. Just say the word and I'll be happy to drop the idea and keep things as they are. I would feel bad if we went with something just because someone thought I wanted it that way.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 pm

As far as i see it, won't we just be UCTW for shogun, but still retain our individual clan's in the other total wars? essentially we're just a group of smaller clans joining to be a big confederation, there would be issues at first but there's always issues.

Simple way to put my perspective is using roms quote with some SCIENCE!!

100 people win 60% equals 60 wins. thats 30 people winning 200%, which can't happen. OR, 100 people win 30% equals 30 wins, 30 people win 50 % equals 15 wins. If we make ourselves larger, we increase our chances to win more, while staying an elite group not only can reduce our win number, but also makes a loss count exponentially more.

(Football math goes like this, a Runningback can complete one pass in a season out of one attempt for 100% completion rating. but that one pass doesn't matter nearly as much as the 1000's a quaterback will throw for 40%-60% completion.)

so, joining for this one game is a way to make ourselves much more competitive. not the only way, we could say recruit 20 guys for shogun to baloon it, but currently we don't have enough people to make a clan in shogun.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Yes, it would only be for Shogun 2.

Our only other option is to start recruiting heavily. Seeing as we're averaging one new member per new TW game(one a year) I'm not sure if that is the solution. I'm glad we scrutinize new members so much, I personally don't want to see a lot of random players joining.

That or think of some other way too be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 pm

The decision has been put on hold until the game comes out. Unless we decide against it before then.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

No one had any new ideas this week I reckon.

Anyway, Ive noticed a few other clans had the same idea as us and have formed groups with other clans. I got an invite from the BATTLESTARS group yesterday morning when there were only 9 members and now they have almost 100. I think we should have formed the group sooner... I've even got 15 friends in that group, including RTK, Aggony, and one Merlin of the Grailknights. Silly Merlin.

Id like to form it up before the game goes online but I cant just do that by my self. Its not just my clan, so if you guys support the move lets get on today and sort some things out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER   Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Empty

Back to top Go down

Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER
Page 1 of 1