Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome?   Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm

After doing alot of thinking and looking into some things, I think Shogun 2 could be a better RTS game for our time than Rome TW was for its time. Heres why:

Shogun 2 TW essentially attempts to take the best elements of previous TW game and roll them into one. On top of that they add new Role playing elements into a real time strategy game, something that is very new for RTS games and if done right in Shogun 2 could have a major effect on future Real time strategies. They attempt to perfect the TW engine, and although the whole smaller scope, same factions and realistic size strategy map thing is new i think it could work very well. I would go so far as to say that Shogun 2 will raise the bar even higher than Rome TW did in its time.

Shogun 2 is totally unqiue from previous TW games. Maybe some folks still like RTW best but i think that Shogun 2 could be the first step into a whole new sub genre of Real Time Strategies.

Feel free to say what u think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome?   Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:06 pm

First let me say I REALLY hope they do Rome 2 next.

But as far as Shogun2, its going to be the best selling TW game ever. Its doing stuff never done in a RTS, and its doing it on a huge scale! All the MP stuff they are adding is going blow the rest away. Massive amounts of online content, tons of unlockables. The thing about TW was I could get on Rome or whatever and manage to get in five or six battles in two or three hours. Thats perfectly fine with me. I love epic battles. But do it day after day, while the excitement of battle was still there the investment of time gets harder and harder to put in for the same results(Im talking after years of play).

Now all that has changed. Every battle has its rewards. Online battles are toward a greater purpose. Your army is your army. Your veteran troops have meaning, you've worked them up over many battles and if you loose too many they will be too weak to use for a few battles. Will I bring my retainer that makes my archers move faster so I can quickly move them out of danger or bring my master cav retainer to boost my cavs moral? Online battles now contribute to the clan as a whole, helping to take over Japan or unlocking clan abilites, adding a real sense of community that no other TW game before has had. I mean you can actually make a clan with your own color and faction symbols! How Fn cool is that?

So for me, its all about the multiplayer. And theres too much to name. cheers I dont see how any TW fan couldnt be excited about Shogun2!
Back to top Go down

Shogun 2: Better TW game than Rome?
Page 1 of 1