Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-Mortar-art tactics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Anti-Mortar-art tactics Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Mortar-art tactics   Anti-Mortar-art tactics EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Ive been joining alot of high ranked host games and many of them allow lots of art so my builds and tactics had to be revized a tad bit.

I use 3 lines of inf spread in the thin wide line and good space between my 3 lines. I use 2 to 3 cavs on each wing to protect thin lines and I start advanceing right at start of game. Every time I see art fired I run my units after art hits I walk, I repeat this over and over and usualy dont take much damage at all even if they have 4 to 6 art units. I run my cavs far to the flanks and try to bait cavs into chase or at least make them split there force. Usualy they have good amount of art and my inf seem to always out number theres. If cav battles happens behind enemies flanks while infantry lines are exchangeing be sure to break one or 2 cav units to smash into there line flanks even if this causes you to the lose the cav battle. This will help secure the line victory and usualy youre line will crush the cav if they are faceing them.

There is obviously more to it but the basic strat has made me fearless in high ranked no rule games.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_BaronGrenfell
Imperator_BaronGrenfell

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Mortar-art tactics   Anti-Mortar-art tactics EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:52 pm

It works unless the player manually controls his mortars, IE aims for the ground timing the shots for when the men get to that certain area instead of just clicking the fire at will button which makes them nearly always miss. I do the manual way and I can teach any of you how to if you want but it takes patience and timing for every shot.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Mortar-art tactics   Anti-Mortar-art tactics EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Good thread guys. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Mortar-art tactics   Anti-Mortar-art tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-Mortar-art tactics
Page 1 of 1