Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strongest Units:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Strongest Units: Empty
PostSubject: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 pm

This week I would like to do single unit testing to figure out what factions field the best units. We have our stats and we can assume which ones are strongest but I would like to see for a fact which Infantry/Missle/Cav/General/ship is supreme. I think everyone has come to the understanding that mortars are king of the art king

Lets find out and share our results.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_CaptainFalcon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Out of all the line infantry in the game, i find that it is Great Britain that holds the strongst line infantry, while Prussia being 1 defence point behind.

Polish-Lithuania has the Winged Hussars, being the strongest cavalry units in the game. I believe Lifeguards and Curissars follow in second and third, while Austria has the strongest Light Infantry. Prussia and the United States follow in second from here. India has the strongest Melee units, though.

the Dutch, however, are one of the few factions to have my favorite ship: HEAVY FIRST RATE. Which i believe is the strongest ship in the game. That is my opinions on units. But you could have the most powerful units in the game and still lose if you suck at tactics.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:15 pm

I would say Gaurds would be the strongest, but Austria do have more troops in the line than any other faction they will have 50 and all the others will have 40 that extra 10 men make a big difference. hard to tell line or gaurds but I will take the gaurds, Poland does have the best cav as well those Hussars are sick and deadly Twisted Evil I am likeing the long ranged light inf the most though they do alot of damage before heavy inf can get close.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:08 am

Well I ran a few test so far one being the Guard vs Austrian Line and the Guard won useing fireing formation...it wasnt as close as I thought it would be. The other test was Guard Cavalry vs Winged Hussars, I did that test twice one with both units chargeing head on and fighting it out, the guard won, the second time I used winged hussars and used hit and run tactics vs the guard the results were better but still the guard pulled off the victory. The otehr test I ran was Grenadiers vs Guards, it was a good fight at the start when the grenades nailed the guard causeing heavy damage but the guards discipline and effective fireing formation overwhelmed the grenadiers thus giveing the guards yet another victory. The guard's I used were the guards of spain and ireland, they dominated everything I threw at them.

I did not add valour to any of my test.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Hmm, interesting.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_CaptainFalcon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Guards are a universal unit. I thus do not test them for the fact that EVERYBODY has them. And the Life Guards proved to be stronger, eh? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:47 pm

universal or not you still should know what can beat what. For example youre are in a team game or 1v1 and say they have 4 strong austrian line units and you have 3 or 4 guard units, it would be good to know if youre 4 units could beat there 4 units or if you should fall back and get reinforcements knowing you can not win that exchange or to rush in and wipe them out fast. Just because a unit is universal doesnt mean ever one will stack there army the same. Unit knowledge has always been helpful in every total war game.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm

well put
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strongest Units:   Strongest Units: Empty

Back to top Go down

Strongest Units:
Page 1 of 1