Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PathFinder

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-07

My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map Empty
PostSubject: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi there, you guys probably don't know me imperator Boru said I could ask you guys for help. I got ETW a few days ago and the campaign map keeps crashing. It's strange because land battles and naval battles run perfectly fine with no log, albeit on a low graphical setting. Im sure this isn't to do with my specs as I have 3GB RAM, Geforce 8500 GT with latest drivers, AMD Phenom 9500 quad core 2.2 GHZ and plenty of hard drive space.

Any ideas on how to solve it would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Well, I have a few ideas but first you have to say does it crash to your main desktop or does it crash the the ETW main menu?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Hmm, I dont know. Maybe something here will help, http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=165&nav=0%2C6 but you may just need to wait for a patch. I've got a bug where I cant load my saved game. I was on turn 39. Crying or Very sad There will be a large patch released next week.
Back to top Go down
PathFinder

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:48 am

When it crashes it crashes to desktop Sad Thanks for replies and yeah hopefully the patch will sort everything out. One strange thing though - I've tried playing as Britain and United Alliance and it crashes - but as Sweden I got to 1740 and totally fine before I decided to try Britain and UA.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Swagger

Male Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:35 pm

its happend to me a few times when i click end turn half way through the screen goes whiye and it crashes, but after a while it stoped for me.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:10 pm

From what I reading on the forums, its has a memory leak problem thats causing alot of crashes on the campaign map. I might try this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234006 If I do I'll let you guys know how it works. I'm still not sure if it will help the Empires memery problem. scratch

Also, if you have an nvidia video card: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233214 I got the beta driver and it works good.
Back to top Go down
PathFinder

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks Romulus I'm trying that nvidia driver beta now hopefully it works Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 am

Cool, hope it helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_CaptainFalcon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:04 am

PathFinder wrote:
Hi there, you guys probably don't know me imperator Boru said I could ask you guys for help. I got ETW a few days ago and the campaign map keeps crashing. It's strange because land battles and naval battles run perfectly fine with no log, albeit on a low graphical setting. Im sure this isn't to do with my specs as I have 3GB RAM, Geforce 8500 GT with latest drivers, AMD Phenom 9500 quad core 2.2 GHZ and plenty of hard drive space.

Any ideas on how to solve it would be much appreciated.

My new lap top can run the game with everything at highest settings. It is NOT your computer.

It is a campaign glitch that has to be fixed with a post-release patch. Nothing is wrong with our games as far as i know.
Back to top Go down
PathFinder

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Yeah that's what i suspected but thanks for putting my mind at ease, was considering upgrading my PC even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map   My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map Empty

Back to top Go down

My ETW keeps crashing on campaign map
Page 1 of 1